Filmmakers behind 2016: Obama’s America, the second-highest grossing political documentary of all time, are preparing a followup film. Dinesh D’Souza, bestselling author and co-director/co-writer of 2016, announced the new movie which will be titled America. D’Souza will write and host America and his 2016 co-director John Sullivan will direct. Gerald R. Molen returns as producer. In his announcement D’Souza described the new film as taking a cue from James Stewart’s character George Bailey in It’s A Wonderful Life, imagining what today’s world would be like if America had never existed because “we are now living in the America that we warned our fellow citizens could come to pass if President Obama were re-elected”. 2016: Obama’s America debuted in a single theater on July 13, 2012 and went on to gross nearly $33.5 million. The new film America is targeted for release in mid-2014.
Anti-Obama Filmmaker Plans ‘America’ Followup Movie For 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Black Panther' Keeps Box Office Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; 'I Can Only Imagine' Sings $17M High Note
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel