Filmmakers behind 2016: Obama’s America, the second-highest grossing political documentary of all time, are preparing a followup film. Dinesh D’Souza, bestselling author and co-director/co-writer of 2016, announced the new movie which will be titled America. D’Souza will write and host America and his 2016 co-director John Sullivan will direct. Gerald R. Molen returns as producer. In his announcement D’Souza described the new film as taking a cue from James Stewart’s character George Bailey in It’s A Wonderful Life, imagining what today’s world would be like if America had never existed because “we are now living in the America that we warned our fellow citizens could come to pass if President Obama were re-elected”. 2016: Obama’s America debuted in a single theater on July 13, 2012 and went on to gross nearly $33.5 million. The new film America is targeted for release in mid-2014.
Anti-Obama Filmmaker Plans ‘America’ Followup Movie For 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
John Skipper Resigns As ESPN President; Admits Substance Abuse Problem; George Bodenheimer New Acting Chairman
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Latest Film News
- The Bart & Fleming Podcast: Codes Of Conduct
- MoMA’s 17th Doc Fortnight Sets Opening And Closing, Jonathan Demme Tribute
- ‘Dear White People’ Star Logan Browning Joins Allison Willliams In 'The Perfection'
- ‘The Florida Project’ Cinematographer Alexis Zabe On Gorgeously-Realized ‘Little Rascals’ For The 21st…
- How Ridley Scott, Dan Friedkin, Runner-Up Christopher Plummer & $10M Reshoot Ransomed Getty Kidnap Pic Back From Kevin Spacey…
- Black Film Critics Circle Winners Led By ‘Mudbound’, ‘Get Out’; ‘Three Billboards’ Scores Double…