Dermot Mulroney is set to topline NBC’s drama pilot from writer-executive producer Rand Ravich. Max Martini also has been cast in the project, described as an emotionally charged action thriller set in and around the world of Washington DC. It follows Marcus Finley (Lance Gross), an idealistic Secret Service agent who finds himself at the epicenter of an international crisis on his first day on the job as the President’s son’s protection when the son, along with several of his schoolmates, are kidnapped. Mulroney plays Bill Gibson, the meek-looking man in a sweater vest who is a chaperone on the ill-fated private school bus. Gibson is divorced from his wife and estranged from his daughter, Beth Ann, who is a passenger on the bus, and with whom he is apparently anxious to reconnect. Martini will play Koz, a well-armed and deadly mercenary behind the abduction. Mutloney, repped by WME and Barry Tyerman, will next be seen in jOBS and Osage County. Martini, repped by ICM Partners, recurred on the first season of Revenge and will next be seen in Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim and in Captain Phillips.
Dermot Mulroney To Star In NBC’s Rand Ravich Pilot, Max Martini To Co-Star
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony PlayStation Network Finally Out Of The Woods? Services Returning, Slowly
- LeBron James Return To Miami Helps NBA Ratings Rebound On ABC, Boosts 'Grinch'
- Fall TV 2014: What Worked, What Didn't & What Lies Ahead In Midseason
- 'The Interview' Release: 331 Theaters Aboard For Christmas Day
- 'The Interview' Forgoes TV Ads To Promote Christmas Release This Time
- One Direction Soft In Primetime, Boost Late Night Ratings For NBC