Dermot Mulroney is set to topline NBC’s drama pilot from writer-executive producer Rand Ravich. Max Martini also has been cast in the project, described as an emotionally charged action thriller set in and around the world of Washington DC. It follows Marcus Finley (Lance Gross), an idealistic Secret Service agent who finds himself at the epicenter of an international crisis on his first day on the job as the President’s son’s protection when the son, along with several of his schoolmates, are kidnapped. Mulroney plays Bill Gibson, the meek-looking man in a sweater vest who is a chaperone on the ill-fated private school bus. Gibson is divorced from his wife and estranged from his daughter, Beth Ann, who is a passenger on the bus, and with whom he is apparently anxious to reconnect. Martini will play Koz, a well-armed and deadly mercenary behind the abduction. Mutloney, repped by WME and Barry Tyerman, will next be seen in jOBS and Osage County. Martini, repped by ICM Partners, recurred on the first season of Revenge and will next be seen in Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim and in Captain Phillips.
Dermot Mulroney To Star In NBC’s Rand Ravich Pilot, Max Martini To Co-Star
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot