Theater owners don’t want to keep adjusting prices for tickets and concessions based on the movie or time of day, but they also don’t like seeing 88% of their seats left unfilled. That may create an opening for Dealflicks, a Priceline-like service that enables exhibitors to offer discounts tailored to their needs. CEO Sean Wycliffe tells CNBC today that Dealflicks just introduced an iPhone app, and is signing up theaters at the rate of about 2 a day.
Dealflicks Introduces iPhone App To Help Movie Theaters Fill Seats: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Still Gunning For $40M+; 'Ninjago' Dulls Blades To $22M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.7M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest Business News
- Disney And Altice Trade Jabs As Carriage Contract Deadline Looms
- Nielsen Suing ComScore Over “Extended TV” Offering
- Hollywood Reporter Sued For $5M Over “False” Sony Hack Coverage
- Big Lit News: Howie Sanders, Kassie Evashevski Exit UTA For Anonymous Content
- Donald Trump Blasts Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg For Fueling "The Russia Hoax"
- Nina Dobrev Joins Ken Marino’s ‘Dog Days’ Pic, Filming Roger Avary’s ‘Lucky Day’