Theater owners don’t want to keep adjusting prices for tickets and concessions based on the movie or time of day, but they also don’t like seeing 88% of their seats left unfilled. That may create an opening for Dealflicks, a Priceline-like service that enables exhibitors to offer discounts tailored to their needs. CEO Sean Wycliffe tells CNBC today that Dealflicks just introduced an iPhone app, and is signing up theaters at the rate of about 2 a day.
Dealflicks Introduces iPhone App To Help Movie Theaters Fill Seats: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content