Theater owners don’t want to keep adjusting prices for tickets and concessions based on the movie or time of day, but they also don’t like seeing 88% of their seats left unfilled. That may create an opening for Dealflicks, a Priceline-like service that enables exhibitors to offer discounts tailored to their needs. CEO Sean Wycliffe tells CNBC today that Dealflicks just introduced an iPhone app, and is signing up theaters at the rate of about 2 a day.
Dealflicks Introduces iPhone App To Help Movie Theaters Fill Seats: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Lieberman
- Yahoo’s $40B Gift To Shareholders: It Will Spin Off Alibaba Holdings
- WWE Network Pins 1M Subs, Taking Company Shares Off The Ropes
- IMAX Stock Buoyed By ‘Mission: Impossible’ Switch And Box Office Sales
- NYC Passes Tokyo As Top Entertainment & Media Spender – Report
- Can CEOs Convince Wall Street That TV’s Lost Ad Dollars Will Come Back?
- Former Fox Station Employee Commits Suicide Outside Corporate Headquarters