Theater owners don’t want to keep adjusting prices for tickets and concessions based on the movie or time of day, but they also don’t like seeing 88% of their seats left unfilled. That may create an opening for Dealflicks, a Priceline-like service that enables exhibitors to offer discounts tailored to their needs. CEO Sean Wycliffe tells CNBC today that Dealflicks just introduced an iPhone app, and is signing up theaters at the rate of about 2 a day.
Dealflicks Introduces iPhone App To Help Movie Theaters Fill Seats: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- TV Land Hit By Layoffs As Viacom Consolidates And Looks To Cut Costs
- Networks Still Nagged By Weak Ad Growth As Upfront Market Approaches
- Will HBO Team Up With Apple For Online Service Launch?
- Warner Bros CEO Forecasts More Cost Cutting, Even As Studio Grows
- Netflix Looks At ‘Beasts Of No Nation’ As An Experiment
- Chase Carey: Online Video Services Are A “Big Priority” For Fox