Theater owners don’t want to keep adjusting prices for tickets and concessions based on the movie or time of day, but they also don’t like seeing 88% of their seats left unfilled. That may create an opening for Dealflicks, a Priceline-like service that enables exhibitors to offer discounts tailored to their needs. CEO Sean Wycliffe tells CNBC today that Dealflicks just introduced an iPhone app, and is signing up theaters at the rate of about 2 a day.
Dealflicks Introduces iPhone App To Help Movie Theaters Fill Seats: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Cable One Says It's Doing Just Fine After Dropping Viacom Channels
- Big Media Shot Itself In The Foot By Selling Shows To Netflix: Analyst
- Redbox Says Weak Film Slate Weighed On Q3 Earnings
- Why Are DreamWorks Animation Shares Down After It Beat Earnings Expectations?
- Time Warner Cable's Troubles Selling SportsNet LA Hurt Q3 Earnings, But Attracted LA Subs – Update
- 'Dragon 2′ Helps DreamWorks Animation Beat Q3 Earnings Expectations – Live Blog