EXCLUSIVE: Robert Downey Jr. anchors Warner Bros.‘ The Judge, the David Dobkin-directed project about a lawyer who returns home after his mother’s death only to learn that his estranged father, the town’s judge (Robert Duvall), is suspected of murder. Dax Shepard joins a cast that includes Vincent D’Onofrio and Vera Farmiga. The Team Downey and Big Kid Pictures film is written by Bill Dubuque, who was tapped to redraft Nick Schenk’s original script. Downey, Susan Downey, and Dobkin are producing. Shepard is a regular on NBC’s Parenthood and last year starred in, wrote, and co-directed the indie feature Hit And Run, released by Open Road. He is repped by CAA.
Dax Shepard Joins WB’s ‘The Judge’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’