A week after Dave Grohl‘s rock docu Sound City screens at SXSW on March 8, Grohl will be joined by his “Sound City Players” for a live show on March 14, Deadline has confirmed. Grohl, Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty, Rick Springfield, Lee Ving of Fear, Rick Nielsen, Brad Wilk of Rage Against The Machine, Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour, Chris Goss of Masters of Reality and Alain Johannes are slated to take the stage for the show at Stubbs, with The Meat Puppets as their opening act. Tickets are available beginning Tuesday at 4pm ET via Citi Private Pass with pre-orders of the Sound City Blu-ray. The pic premiered at Sundance with a similar concert that proved to be one of the hottest tickets in town. Grohl’s directorial debut was released in February theatrically by Variance Films and Gravitas Ventures on VOD.
Dave Grohl And All-Star Line-Up Confirmed For ‘Sound City’ SXSW Show
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings