A week after Dave Grohl‘s rock docu Sound City screens at SXSW on March 8, Grohl will be joined by his “Sound City Players” for a live show on March 14, Deadline has confirmed. Grohl, Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty, Rick Springfield, Lee Ving of Fear, Rick Nielsen, Brad Wilk of Rage Against The Machine, Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour, Chris Goss of Masters of Reality and Alain Johannes are slated to take the stage for the show at Stubbs, with The Meat Puppets as their opening act. Tickets are available beginning Tuesday at 4pm ET via Citi Private Pass with pre-orders of the Sound City Blu-ray. The pic premiered at Sundance with a similar concert that proved to be one of the hottest tickets in town. Grohl’s directorial debut was released in February theatrically by Variance Films and Gravitas Ventures on VOD.
Dave Grohl And All-Star Line-Up Confirmed For ‘Sound City’ SXSW Show
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- Four Join 'One & Two' For Sundance Winning 'Rich Hill' Director; 'Total Frat Movie' Taps Tom Green
- Hot Trailer: Jean Dujardin Takes On French Drug Mafia In 'The Connection'
- Lionsgate Horror Hit 'Saw' Set For 10th Anniversary Re-release
- Walden Media, TWC Pledge Partial 'Giver' Proceeds To Literacy
- 'Nightcrawler' To Close Fantastic Fest 2014; 'John Wick' Joins Lineup
- Samuel Goldwyn To Help Kirk Cameron “Put Christ Back Into Christmas”