A week after Dave Grohl‘s rock docu Sound City screens at SXSW on March 8, Grohl will be joined by his “Sound City Players” for a live show on March 14, Deadline has confirmed. Grohl, Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty, Rick Springfield, Lee Ving of Fear, Rick Nielsen, Brad Wilk of Rage Against The Machine, Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour, Chris Goss of Masters of Reality and Alain Johannes are slated to take the stage for the show at Stubbs, with The Meat Puppets as their opening act. Tickets are available beginning Tuesday at 4pm ET via Citi Private Pass with pre-orders of the Sound City Blu-ray. The pic premiered at Sundance with a similar concert that proved to be one of the hottest tickets in town. Grohl’s directorial debut was released in February theatrically by Variance Films and Gravitas Ventures on VOD.
Dave Grohl And All-Star Line-Up Confirmed For ‘Sound City’ SXSW Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared’ Trailer: Centenarians Rule
- UTA Lands Chris Pratt: ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Star Moves From CAA With Longtime Agents
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Producer Film Allman Contests Safety Citation In Court
- ‘Apostle Paul’ With Hugh Jackman Sainted By Warner Bros.
- Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell & Melissa McCarthy In Play After UTA Lands 5 Major CAA Comedy Agents – Update
- ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Trailer: Tom Hardy In High Gear Across The Wasteland