EXCLUSIVE: Revolver Picture Co has brought Ben Ketai on board to direct the horror-thriller Beneath. The director-writer previously helmed the horror film and 30 Days Of Night sequel Dark Days in 2010. Beneath focuses on a team of coal miners and a headstrong female lawyer who are trapped underground when the mine collapses. Turns out they are not the only ones who want to get to the surface. Patrick J. Doody and Chris Valenziano wrote the screenplay on spec, and former Dimension Films and Screen Gems executive Nick Phillips and veteran casting director Kelly Wagner’s recently formed company picked it up late last year. The Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group arranged financing for Revolver’s elevated low-budget genre slate. Wagner and Phillips will produce Beneath with Austin Reading, who brought the material to the duo. Production is scheduled to start in May in LA. Ketai is repped by APA and Circle of Confusion; Doody and Valenziano are repped by APA and managed by Jonathan Hung; and Reading is repped by APA and New Wave Entertainment. Revolver is repped by Paradigm.
‘Dark Days’ Ben Ketai To Direct Revolver Picture’s ‘Beneath’
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?