EXCLUSIVE: Revolver Picture Co has brought Ben Ketai on board to direct the horror-thriller Beneath. The director-writer previously helmed the horror film and 30 Days Of Night sequel Dark Days in 2010. Beneath focuses on a team of coal miners and a headstrong female lawyer who are trapped underground when the mine collapses. Turns out they are not the only ones who want to get to the surface. Patrick J. Doody and Chris Valenziano wrote the screenplay on spec, and former Dimension Films and Screen Gems executive Nick Phillips and veteran casting director Kelly Wagner’s recently formed company picked it up late last year. The Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group arranged financing for Revolver’s elevated low-budget genre slate. Wagner and Phillips will produce Beneath with Austin Reading, who brought the material to the duo. Production is scheduled to start in May in LA. Ketai is repped by APA and Circle of Confusion; Doody and Valenziano are repped by APA and managed by Jonathan Hung; and Reading is repped by APA and New Wave Entertainment. Revolver is repped by Paradigm.
‘Dark Days’ Ben Ketai To Direct Revolver Picture’s ‘Beneath’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”