EXCLUSIVE: Revolver Picture Co has brought Ben Ketai on board to direct the horror-thriller Beneath. The director-writer previously helmed the horror film and 30 Days Of Night sequel Dark Days in 2010. Beneath focuses on a team of coal miners and a headstrong female lawyer who are trapped underground when the mine collapses. Turns out they are not the only ones who want to get to the surface. Patrick J. Doody and Chris Valenziano wrote the screenplay on spec, and former Dimension Films and Screen Gems executive Nick Phillips and veteran casting director Kelly Wagner’s recently formed company picked it up late last year. The Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group arranged financing for Revolver’s elevated low-budget genre slate. Wagner and Phillips will produce Beneath with Austin Reading, who brought the material to the duo. Production is scheduled to start in May in LA. Ketai is repped by APA and Circle of Confusion; Doody and Valenziano are repped by APA and managed by Jonathan Hung; and Reading is repped by APA and New Wave Entertainment. Revolver is repped by Paradigm.
‘Dark Days’ Ben Ketai To Direct Revolver Picture’s ‘Beneath’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Universal Changes Release Date On ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Again
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016