TBS has renewed its original comedy Cougar Town, which it took over from ABC for its current fourth season. The network has ordered 13 episodes for Season 5 which is set to air in 2014. The ABC Studios-produced series, which airs Tuesday at 10 PM, will have its Season 4 finale April 9. Since its launch on the network January 8, the show co-created by executive producer Bill Lawrence and consulting producer Kevin Biegel has averaged 2.8 million viewers and 1.7 million adults 18-49 in Live+7, ranking as TBS’ top original primetime series ever in total viewers and the demo. It also is drawing younger viewers than during its last season on ABC by a median age of 7 years. “Cougar Town has been everything we hoped it would be: a smart, big-hearted, laugh-out-loud comedy that shines a bright light on the TBS brand,” said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies. Courteney Cox, Christa Miller, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Ian Gomez, Josh Hopkins and Brian Van Holt star. Cox and David Arquette also serve as executive producers.
TBS Renews ‘Cougar Town’ For Fifth Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'
- Paramount Shifts 'Scouts Vs Zombies', 'Paranormal Activity 5′ Release Dates
- TNT Nabs Rights To Five Upcoming Marvel Pics Including 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Bill Hader To Host 'SNL' October 11
- Veria Living Rebrands And Gets New Name – Now Z Living
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016