TBS has renewed its original comedy Cougar Town, which it took over from ABC for its current fourth season. The network has ordered 13 episodes for Season 5 which is set to air in 2014. The ABC Studios-produced series, which airs Tuesday at 10 PM, will have its Season 4 finale April 9. Since its launch on the network January 8, the show co-created by executive producer Bill Lawrence and consulting producer Kevin Biegel has averaged 2.8 million viewers and 1.7 million adults 18-49 in Live+7, ranking as TBS’ top original primetime series ever in total viewers and the demo. It also is drawing younger viewers than during its last season on ABC by a median age of 7 years. “Cougar Town has been everything we hoped it would be: a smart, big-hearted, laugh-out-loud comedy that shines a bright light on the TBS brand,” said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies. Courteney Cox, Christa Miller, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Ian Gomez, Josh Hopkins and Brian Van Holt star. Cox and David Arquette also serve as executive producers.
TBS Renews ‘Cougar Town’ For Fifth Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo
- ‘Before The Flood’ To Premiere Commercial Free Across Nat Geo Global Networks October 30
- ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To…
- Freeform Buys 'Bad Dates' Relationship Comedy From 'Veep's Timothy Simons
- Chris McCarthy Adds MTV Oversight With Promotion To President Of MTV, VH1 & Logo
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Seahawks & Cardinals Game Ends In Tie