TV writer Robia Rashid has signed an overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. This marks the first overall pact for Rashid, who spent the last four seasons on CBS/20th TV’s hit comedy How I Met Your Mother, rising to supervising producer. Writing is a second career for Rashid who spent six years working for a non-profit organization, mentoring inner city kids and helping them get college scholarships. She then took a writing class at NYU taught by Cindy Chupack who was coming off her stint on HBO’s Sex And The City. The class gave Rashid a career and a mentor. Chupack took her under her wing and helped her land her first writing gig on Will & Grace. Rashid also has worked on The Loop and Aliens In America and sold a comedy pitch to CBS earlier this season. She is with ICM Partners and attorney Robert Offer.
Comedy Writer Robia Rashid Signs Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips