TV writer Robia Rashid has signed an overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. This marks the first overall pact for Rashid, who spent the last four seasons on CBS/20th TV’s hit comedy How I Met Your Mother, rising to supervising producer. Writing is a second career for Rashid who spent six years working for a non-profit organization, mentoring inner city kids and helping them get college scholarships. She then took a writing class at NYU taught by Cindy Chupack who was coming off her stint on HBO’s Sex And The City. The class gave Rashid a career and a mentor. Chupack took her under her wing and helped her land her first writing gig on Will & Grace. Rashid also has worked on The Loop and Aliens In America and sold a comedy pitch to CBS earlier this season. She is with ICM Partners and attorney Robert Offer.
Comedy Writer Robia Rashid Signs Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years