Big Love creators Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer are returning to HBO‘s primetime. The pay cable network has picked up the duo’s comedy pilot Getting On to series with a six-episode order. A U.S. version of the award-winning BBC Four medical comedy of the same name, HBO’s Getting On stars Laurie Metcalf, Alex Borstein and Niecy Nash. Centering on the put-upon nurses in a women’s geriatric extended-care wing of a down-at-the-heels hospital, it follows the anxious doctors and administrators as they struggle with the darkly comic, brutally honest and quietly compassionate realities of caring for the elderly in an overwhelmed healthcare system. BBC Worldwide Prods is producing. The creators and stars of the original series — Jo Brand, Joanna Scanlan and Vicki Pepperdine — executive produce. Olsen and Scheffer, who wrote the adaptation through their overall deal at HBO, are executive producing though their Anima Sola Prods banner, with SVP Lisa Bellomo producing. BBC Worldwide Prods.’ Jane Tranter and Julie Gardner also executive produce, along with the British series’ producer Geoff Atkinson. Getting On joins another HBO comedy pilot recently picked up to series, Stephen Merchant’s Hello Ladies, with several other half-hour pilots in production.
Comedy ‘Getting On’ Picked Up To Series By HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016