Big Love creators Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer are returning to HBO‘s primetime. The pay cable network has picked up the duo’s comedy pilot Getting On to series with a six-episode order. A U.S. version of the award-winning BBC Four medical comedy of the same name, HBO’s Getting On stars Laurie Metcalf, Alex Borstein and Niecy Nash. Centering on the put-upon nurses in a women’s geriatric extended-care wing of a down-at-the-heels hospital, it follows the anxious doctors and administrators as they struggle with the darkly comic, brutally honest and quietly compassionate realities of caring for the elderly in an overwhelmed healthcare system. BBC Worldwide Prods is producing. The creators and stars of the original series — Jo Brand, Joanna Scanlan and Vicki Pepperdine — executive produce. Olsen and Scheffer, who wrote the adaptation through their overall deal at HBO, are executive producing though their Anima Sola Prods banner, with SVP Lisa Bellomo producing. BBC Worldwide Prods.’ Jane Tranter and Julie Gardner also executive produce, along with the British series’ producer Geoff Atkinson. Getting On joins another HBO comedy pilot recently picked up to series, Stephen Merchant’s Hello Ladies, with several other half-hour pilots in production.
Comedy ‘Getting On’ Picked Up To Series By HBO
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson
- DirecTV Picks Up 'Downton Abbey' Parody Series 'The Britishes' From Electus Digital
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?