Young New York comedian Josh Rabinowitz is departing NBC‘s untitled Robert Padnick/Greg Daniels comedy pilot, from 3 Arts and Universal TV. Rabinowitz was the producers’ choice for the lead, though the deal was difficult to make because of Rabinowitz’s pre-existing commitment to a Comedy Central project. After he was finally signed on in first position, I hear he came to yesterday’s table read straight from New York and was a bit cold in his delivery. The producers still liked him, and NBC was contemplating giving him a little time, but he ultimately got on a plane back to New York last night. The untitled comedy revolves around four hopeful city dwellers who step through the endless minefield of their romantic entanglements. Ellen Woglom, Eric Andre and Adhir Kalyan play the other three leads.
Comedian Josh Rabinowitz Off NBC’s Padnick/Daniels Comedy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Phantom of the Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV