Young New York comedian Josh Rabinowitz is departing NBC‘s untitled Robert Padnick/Greg Daniels comedy pilot, from 3 Arts and Universal TV. Rabinowitz was the producers’ choice for the lead, though the deal was difficult to make because of Rabinowitz’s pre-existing commitment to a Comedy Central project. After he was finally signed on in first position, I hear he came to yesterday’s table read straight from New York and was a bit cold in his delivery. The producers still liked him, and NBC was contemplating giving him a little time, but he ultimately got on a plane back to New York last night. The untitled comedy revolves around four hopeful city dwellers who step through the endless minefield of their romantic entanglements. Ellen Woglom, Eric Andre and Adhir Kalyan play the other three leads.
Comedian Josh Rabinowitz Off NBC’s Padnick/Daniels Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over