Young New York comedian Josh Rabinowitz is departing NBC‘s untitled Robert Padnick/Greg Daniels comedy pilot, from 3 Arts and Universal TV. Rabinowitz was the producers’ choice for the lead, though the deal was difficult to make because of Rabinowitz’s pre-existing commitment to a Comedy Central project. After he was finally signed on in first position, I hear he came to yesterday’s table read straight from New York and was a bit cold in his delivery. The producers still liked him, and NBC was contemplating giving him a little time, but he ultimately got on a plane back to New York last night. The untitled comedy revolves around four hopeful city dwellers who step through the endless minefield of their romantic entanglements. Ellen Woglom, Eric Andre and Adhir Kalyan play the other three leads.
Comedian Josh Rabinowitz Off NBC’s Padnick/Daniels Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Disney Swingin' As 'The Jungle Book' Beats $700M Global; 'Captain America: Civil War' Rises To $224.3M Offshore
Latest TV News
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date
- Geraldo Rivera Sits Down With El Chapo Gal Pal Kate Del Castillo On Saturday
- AOL To Open Studio For Live Virtual Reality Productions In NYC – Newfront