There’s a new show on Jeff Zucker’s work in progress, aka CNN, tonight. Or rather, a 2-year-old show on CNN actually has a new name as of today. “Tonight the show formerly known as Piers Morgan Tonight gets a new name – @PiersMorganLive CNN 9pmET,” tweeted Piers Morgan earlier today. On the ratings-troubled show Monday, Morgan joked that the name was changed because it “was all live, all the time.” The name change was the host and former America’s Got Talent judge’s idea to emphasis the fact that the NY-based interview show is often actually live, a source tells me. Now the show will always be live Monday to Thursdays. Sounding a lot like Larry King Live, which Morgan replaced in January 2011, the name change was first announced late last week. While Morgan may have tweeted the change today, it looks like he hasn’t updated the background on his Twitter page to reflect his show’s new handle. It still says Piers Morgan Tonight.
CNN’s ‘Piers Morgan Tonight’ Now ‘Piers Morgan Live’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better