There’s a new show on Jeff Zucker’s work in progress, aka CNN, tonight. Or rather, a 2-year-old show on CNN actually has a new name as of today. “Tonight the show formerly known as Piers Morgan Tonight gets a new name – @PiersMorganLive CNN 9pmET,” tweeted Piers Morgan earlier today. On the ratings-troubled show Monday, Morgan joked that the name was changed because it “was all live, all the time.” The name change was the host and former America’s Got Talent judge’s idea to emphasis the fact that the NY-based interview show is often actually live, a source tells me. Now the show will always be live Monday to Thursdays. Sounding a lot like Larry King Live, which Morgan replaced in January 2011, the name change was first announced late last week. While Morgan may have tweeted the change today, it looks like he hasn’t updated the background on his Twitter page to reflect his show’s new handle. It still says Piers Morgan Tonight.
CNN’s ‘Piers Morgan Tonight’ Now ‘Piers Morgan Live’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Fred Savage: Fox Calls Harassment Claims Against 'The Grinder' Actor "Unfounded", Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing
Latest TV News
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Season Finale: What Does Designer’s Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
- ‘Most Likely To’: Donald Faison & Laya DeLeon Hayes Cast In ABC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Magnum P.I.’ Casts Stephen Hill; ‘Dead Inside’ Adds Myles Bullock
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- ‘60 Minutes’ Flashes Silent Stormy Daniels In 10-Second Tease Of Sunday Sit Down
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author…