The UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television (TFT) is teaming up with Cirque du Soleil on a multi-year fellowship program for TFT graduate students, it was announced today. Dean Teri Schwartz says the collaboration offers students the opportunity to work across multiple platforms that integrate visual storytelling with live performance, multimedia, 3D, CGI and other forms for digital content creation. Four graduate students will be chosen from candidates from the Film/TV/Digital Media Department and Theater Department. They will participate in the creative, technical, production and management process of Cirque du Soleil’s resident shows in Las Vegas and will be involved in the process from development through production. Aspiring candidates must write a narrative on why he/she wants to participate in the program. It’s set to get underway this summer.
Cirque Du Soleil And UCLA Film School Partner On Student Fellowship Program
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- Michael Wright Exiting As Amblin Partners CEO; Steven Spielberg Assumes Role
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Biz Managers Add Actor’s Friends & Family To Expenses Suit
- Jon Gonda Moves To Paramount From Warner Bros
- Scott Rudin Productions Lands Alice McDermott Novel ‘The Ninth Hour’
- Adam Bartley Joins Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney Film; Elaine Hendrix Cast In ‘Burying Yasmeen’ Indie
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards