The UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television (TFT) is teaming up with Cirque du Soleil on a multi-year fellowship program for TFT graduate students, it was announced today. Dean Teri Schwartz says the collaboration offers students the opportunity to work across multiple platforms that integrate visual storytelling with live performance, multimedia, 3D, CGI and other forms for digital content creation. Four graduate students will be chosen from candidates from the Film/TV/Digital Media Department and Theater Department. They will participate in the creative, technical, production and management process of Cirque du Soleil’s resident shows in Las Vegas and will be involved in the process from development through production. Aspiring candidates must write a narrative on why he/she wants to participate in the program. It’s set to get underway this summer.
Cirque Du Soleil And UCLA Film School Partner On Student Fellowship Program
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video
- Legendary Options Andrew Pyper's 'The Damned'