The UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television (TFT) is teaming up with Cirque du Soleil on a multi-year fellowship program for TFT graduate students, it was announced today. Dean Teri Schwartz says the collaboration offers students the opportunity to work across multiple platforms that integrate visual storytelling with live performance, multimedia, 3D, CGI and other forms for digital content creation. Four graduate students will be chosen from candidates from the Film/TV/Digital Media Department and Theater Department. They will participate in the creative, technical, production and management process of Cirque du Soleil’s resident shows in Las Vegas and will be involved in the process from development through production. Aspiring candidates must write a narrative on why he/she wants to participate in the program. It’s set to get underway this summer.
Cirque Du Soleil And UCLA Film School Partner On Student Fellowship Program
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'