The UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television (TFT) is teaming up with Cirque du Soleil on a multi-year fellowship program for TFT graduate students, it was announced today. Dean Teri Schwartz says the collaboration offers students the opportunity to work across multiple platforms that integrate visual storytelling with live performance, multimedia, 3D, CGI and other forms for digital content creation. Four graduate students will be chosen from candidates from the Film/TV/Digital Media Department and Theater Department. They will participate in the creative, technical, production and management process of Cirque du Soleil’s resident shows in Las Vegas and will be involved in the process from development through production. Aspiring candidates must write a narrative on why he/she wants to participate in the program. It’s set to get underway this summer.
Cirque Du Soleil And UCLA Film School Partner On Student Fellowship Program
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'