Destin Daniel Crettin’s SXSW Grand Jury and Audience Award winner features a breakout turn by Brie Larson as a social worker battling her own demons. Short Term 12 is writer-director Crettin’s sophomore film after the Sundance 2012 selection I Am Not A Hipster. Cinedigm is plotting a late summer theatrical release. The pic also stars Kaitlyn Dever, John Gallagher Jr, Rami Malek, and Keith Stanfield. Maren Olson and Asher Goldstein produced for Traction Media with Joshua Astrachan of Animal Kingdom and Ron Najor. Frederick W. Green, Douglas Stone, and David Kaplan executive produced. Cinedigm’s VP of Theatrical Acquisitions Vincent Scordino negotiated the deal with Traction Media and Cinetic. Cretton is repped by WME, manager Jonathan Hung, and Chad Christopher of SMGSB.
Cinedigm Snags SXSW Winner ‘Short Term 12’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Trailer Arrives: It’s An X-Force To Be Reckoned With
- ‘Monty Python’ Heads To Netflix As SVOD Service Picks Up Entire Comedy Catalog
- BFI Reports Reveal How UK Films Fared At 2017 Global Box Office & On Awards Circuit
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author…