The stock is up 13.1% this afternoon after the digital cinema company unveiled the deals. It has a $125M senior non-recourse credit facility from a group led by Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, and a $70M non-recourse credit facility from Prospect Capital Corporation. Added to the company’s own cash flow, Cinedigm says that it will refinance its existing $92M non-recourse senior 2010 Term Loan and $98M recourse Note. The refinancing takes advantage of today’s low interest rates. CEO Chris McGurk adds that it also “reaffirms the value of the Company’s digital cinema asset base and positions Cinedigm to accelerate our growth plans.” B. Riley analyst Eric Wold says that the changes should cut $5M from annual interest expenses, and — by removing the recourse debt — eliminates what had been “a major overhang on the stock for years.” He also notes that Moody’s Investor Service just reclassified Cinedigm debt as investment grade, up from speculative. That could help the company to become “a major player in the distribution of indie films and alternative content,” Wold says. Blackstone Advisory Partners advised Cinedigm in the transactions.
Cinedigm Shares Rise After It Secures $195M To Refinance Debt
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Business News
- The Roots Cancel SXSW Concert After Bomb Threat
- Ellen Barkin Says “Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam” After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
- Kathy Griffin Comeback Show At Carnegie Hall Nearly Sells Out In A Day
- Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And “Targeted Their Inner Demons”…
- Charlize Theron Says Arming Teachers With Guns Is “So Outrageous”
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe