After a long courtship, Carla Gugino has signed on as the female lead opposite Steve Coogan in David Shore’s ABC legal drama pilot Doubt. Also cast in the project, from Sony TV, is John Pankow. It centers on Vincent (Coogan), a former cop who’s now a cunning but charming low-rent lawyer using his street smarts to work the system for his clients while battling his own demons and wooing his ex-wife Linda (Gugino). Linda is a no-nonsense ADA who has little patience for courtroom antics, especially when it comes to her impulsive ex-husband. Despite their separation, they still hook up occasionally for torrid sex, and although she can no longer live with Vince, it’s apparent that Linda still has a deep affection for him. Pankow plays Mr. Syd Newman, an old-school attorney who works with his wife and fellow lawyer in offices that they rent from Vince. Gugino, repped by CAA and Untitled, was first approached for Doubt more than a month ago, one of several pilot offers she fielded this season. She recently co-starred on USA’s Political Animals and did an arc on Fox’s New Girl and will next be seen in the indie Match opposite Patrick Stewart. Doubt marks Gugino’s return to ABC, where she toplined the praised 2003 drama Karen Sisco.
Carla Gugino To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Doubt’
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- ‘I Hate Everyone But You’ Author Allison Raskin Launches Soap Opera Podcast
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online