Batman’s mask, Superman’s cape and Catwoman’s suit were among items from a baker’s dozen of Warner Bros movies from 1942 through 2005 that the studio donated to the Smithsonian National Museum of American History in Washington. Props from Tim Burton’s 2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory also were among 30 items donated. The Batman mask and cowl were worn by George Clooney in 1997’s Batman & Robin, the Superman cape was from 1883’s Superman III starring Christopher Reeve and the Catwoman suit from Halle Berry’s 2004 Catwoman. WB made the donations in connection with its sponsorship of the museum’s 2013 Classic Film Festival series which will feature the films of Bette Davis in commemoration of Women’s History Month.
Batman, Superman, Other WB Memorabilia Donated To Smithsonian
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara