Mystery solved. Turns out our caped crusader who appeared at a police station in northern England last week dressed in full Batman garb was a food delivery man who was pulling a prank on police. “Obviously it was done as a joke,” Stan Worby told ITV Daybreak. Worby explained that his 27-year-old friend Danny, who was wanted on burglary and fraud-related charges, personally asked him to drive him down to the Bradford police station on February 25th. Apparently Worby had been to a soccer game and thought it would be amusing to wear the outfit again to the police station. The incident went viral when officers posted CCTV photos of the Batman wanna-be on their Facebook page.
Mysterious Batman Who Turned Suspected Burglar Over To British Police Identified
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast