Mystery solved. Turns out our caped crusader who appeared at a police station in northern England last week dressed in full Batman garb was a food delivery man who was pulling a prank on police. “Obviously it was done as a joke,” Stan Worby told ITV Daybreak. Worby explained that his 27-year-old friend Danny, who was wanted on burglary and fraud-related charges, personally asked him to drive him down to the Bradford police station on February 25th. Apparently Worby had been to a soccer game and thought it would be amusing to wear the outfit again to the police station. The incident went viral when officers posted CCTV photos of the Batman wanna-be on their Facebook page.
Mysterious Batman Who Turned Suspected Burglar Over To British Police Identified
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Team
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'