Guess a lot of people are checking in to A&E Network’s Bates Motel. The premiere of the Psycho prequel series last night pulled in 3 million viewers for its 10 PM debut. Bates Motel garnered 1.599 million viewers int the adults 18-49 demographic and 1.633 million in adults 25-54. Those numbers make the series the most-watched original drama in the key demos in the network’s history. The previous demo drama high was the debut of Breakout Kings on March 6, 2011, which received 1.564 million viewers in 25-54 and 1.522 million in 18-49. Bates Motel ended up drawing 4.6 million viewers overall Monday, with an encore airing after the original premiere; put together, that gave Bates 2.5 million adults 25-54 and 2.4 million adults 18-49. The series details the dark backstory of Norman Bates (Freddie Highmore) and how deeply intricate his relationship is with his mother Norma (Vera Farmiga).
‘Bates Motel’ Premiere Ratings Hit A&E Drama High
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit