Unified Pictures has added two animation vets to their upcoming take on the Biblical story. Kung Fu Panda director John Stevenson will head creative on and executive produce Noah’s Ark, the animated musical written by Philip LaZebnik (Pocahontas, Mulan, Prince Of Egypt). Pic tells the familiar tale from the point of view of Gilbert, a lovable meerkat who leads a ragtag band of animals to the ark. Animation pro Cameron Hood (Shark Tale, First Flight, How To Train Your Dragon) will co-direct. The CG-animated feature will be produced in-house at Unified, an independent financing, production, and distribution company based in LA. Stevenson is repped by CAA.
Animated Musical ‘Noah’s Ark’ Taps Creative Exec, Co-Director
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Jena Malone, Riley Keough Hit The Road For 'Lovesong'
- Glenn Beck's Hot Reads: Google, Futurism, And More Fuel For A Media Empire
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'