EXCLUSIVE: Andrea Riseborough has joined the cast of Birdman, from Biutiful and Babel director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. The dark comedy centers on a former actor, famous for playing a superhero, who attempts a career revival by directing a Broadway play and finds his efforts stymied by an egotistical lead actor. Riseborough will play the role of Laura. She joins Michael Keaton, who stars as the former actor, and Ed Norton, whose casting was announced yesterday. She will next be seen March 27 in Welcome To The Punch with James McEvoy and opposite Tom Cruise in Oblivion, which bows April 19.
Andrea Riseborough Joins Ensemble Comedy ‘Birdman’
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’