EXCLUSIVE: Andrea Riseborough has joined the cast of Birdman, from Biutiful and Babel director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. The dark comedy centers on a former actor, famous for playing a superhero, who attempts a career revival by directing a Broadway play and finds his efforts stymied by an egotistical lead actor. Riseborough will play the role of Laura. She joins Michael Keaton, who stars as the former actor, and Ed Norton, whose casting was announced yesterday. She will next be seen March 27 in Welcome To The Punch with James McEvoy and opposite Tom Cruise in Oblivion, which bows April 19.
Andrea Riseborough Joins Ensemble Comedy ‘Birdman’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Emma Thompson In Talks To Star In Director Richard Eyre’s ‘The Children Act’