EXCLUSIVE: Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin may make their popular New Year’s Eve specials a regular thing. I hear the duo filmed a pilot today at the CNN studios in the Time Warner Center in New York. Details about the hourlong project are sketchy, but I’ve learned that it had a lot of humor in it and filmed in front of a live audience — which I hear included new CNN topper Jeff Zucker. While it is unclear whether the project is definitely for CNN, Zucker has been looking to shake things up at the ratings-challenged cable news network by adding more mainstream entertainment fare. The annual New Year’s Eve pairing of Cooper and Griffin draws solid ratings and generates a lot of headlines with racy moments like Griffin getting up close and personal with Cooper’s private parts this year. It is also unclear how the new project would fit in with Griffin’s weekly talk show on Bravo, where the comedian has been a fixture for almost a decade and has won two best reality program Emmys for her series My Life On The D-List.
CNN Eying Anderson Cooper-Kathy Griffin Series?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Inauguration Fuels Stephen Colbert To Near-High Household Ratings
- Women’s March: “Day 1!” Says America Ferrera; Scarlett Johansson Pleads For Planned Parenthood…
- ‘Last Man Standing’ Tops Friday To Extend Streak, ‘Emerald City’ Ratings Slip Further
- March On Twitter: Hollywood Tweets Solidarity, Hillary Thanks Marchers
- Sundance: Watch ‘Nashville’S Connie Britton & Aisha Tyler Administer Oath At Women’s March…
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Inaugural Address Positively Lincolnish