Joe Dinicol, Margo Harshman (Bent), Charlie Saxton (Bandslam) and Karan Soni (Safety Not Guaranteed) have been cast in Amazon Studios‘ comedy pilot Betas, produced by Michael London. Written by Evan Endicott and Josh Stoddard and directed by Michael Lehman, Betas is set in the world of Silicon Valley start-ups and centers on a quartet of under-socialized computer geeks who have designed a killer app that could transform the social lives of about 6 billion people for the better. Now all they have to do is get over their crippling personality flaws and sell their product. Dinicol plays the frontman of the quartet Trey, an aspiring dot-com maverick. Saxton, repped by CAA and Station 3, and Soni, repped by The Michael Zanuck Agency, 3 Arts and attorney Lev Ginsburg, play two other members of the quartet, junior coder Mitchell and the group’s tech brains Nash, respectively. Harshman, repped by APA and New Wave, plays the female lead Lisa Rudolph, a young, attractive, investment firm workaholic who realizes the app’s potential. She recurs on The Big Bang Theory. Alan R. Cohen and Alan Freedland serve as showrunners.
Amazon Studios Comedy Pilot ‘Betas’ Assembles Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Obama Derides Donald Trump In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Visit
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek