Alfred Molina may be returning to his comedy roots with a starring role opposite Krysten Ritter in the NBC single-camera comedy pilot Assistance, from Gary Sanchez Prods and Universal TV. Written by Leslye Headland, Assistance centers on Nora (Ritter), an idealistic “working girl” assistant who is pulled between her colleague Seth (Zach Cregger) and her real-life fiance (Peter Cambor) while trying to manage her demanding boss Daniel (Molina). Daniel is a very successful film producer with a large presence and thick intensity. Molina currently stars on David E. Kelley TNT drama series Monday Mornings, which has done poorly in the ratings and is not expected to go to a second season. Since headlining a couple of sitcoms on CBS a decade ago, Molina, repped by WME and manager Joan Hyler, has stayed largely on the drama side with starring roles on Law & Order: LA and Monday Mornings.
Alfred Molina In Talks To Star In NBC Pilot ‘Assistance’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'