Alfred Molina may be returning to his comedy roots with a starring role opposite Krysten Ritter in the NBC single-camera comedy pilot Assistance, from Gary Sanchez Prods and Universal TV. Written by Leslye Headland, Assistance centers on Nora (Ritter), an idealistic “working girl” assistant who is pulled between her colleague Seth (Zach Cregger) and her real-life fiance (Peter Cambor) while trying to manage her demanding boss Daniel (Molina). Daniel is a very successful film producer with a large presence and thick intensity. Molina currently stars on David E. Kelley TNT drama series Monday Mornings, which has done poorly in the ratings and is not expected to go to a second season. Since headlining a couple of sitcoms on CBS a decade ago, Molina, repped by WME and manager Joan Hyler, has stayed largely on the drama side with starring roles on Law & Order: LA and Monday Mornings.
Alfred Molina In Talks To Star In NBC Pilot ‘Assistance’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Fox Nabs ‘Ghosted’ Comedy Starring Craig Robinson & Adam Scott From Tom Gormican With Production Commitment
- Viceland Enters Late Night With ‘Desus & Mero’, Orders Tyler the Creator Series, Renews ‘Huang’s World…
- ‘Ice’: Audrey Marie Anderson Joins Antoine Fuqua’s Audience Drama Series
- Issa Rae Inks First-Look Deal With HBO
- ‘Shameless’: Showtime Releases Official Season 7 Trailer And Poster Art