Here’s more financial fuel for the company behind YouTube’s young adult oriented SMOSH and Clevver Media. Alloy Digital CEO Matt Diamond says the cash will enable his company to “rapidly accelerate future growth by adding complementary, relevant properties and talent.” ABS Capital Partners General Partner Deric Emry — who just joined the Alloy board — adds that the Series A financing is “an extremely attractive investment opportunity” partly because digital media are growing so quickly. Since there’s still “an imbalance between time spent online and dollars spent by blue-chip advertisers,” ABS foresees “a significant opportunity for future growth as multi-platform media formats are expected to grow at a much greater rate than television.” In January Alloy announced that SMOSH had become the No. 1 YouTube channel measured by subscribers.
ABS Capital Invests $30M In Alloy Digital
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Business News
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Fights For Paramount’s Future –Part 1
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Andrew Rannells And Christian Borle Are Tender, If Unlikely, Lovers In ‘Falsettos’ Revival – Review
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP