Here’s more financial fuel for the company behind YouTube’s young adult oriented SMOSH and Clevver Media. Alloy Digital CEO Matt Diamond says the cash will enable his company to “rapidly accelerate future growth by adding complementary, relevant properties and talent.” ABS Capital Partners General Partner Deric Emry — who just joined the Alloy board — adds that the Series A financing is “an extremely attractive investment opportunity” partly because digital media are growing so quickly. Since there’s still “an imbalance between time spent online and dollars spent by blue-chip advertisers,” ABS foresees “a significant opportunity for future growth as multi-platform media formats are expected to grow at a much greater rate than television.” In January Alloy announced that SMOSH had become the No. 1 YouTube channel measured by subscribers.
ABS Capital Invests $30M In Alloy Digital
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- How A DreamWorks-Illumination Combo Beats Disney At The B.O.
- NFL Draft Day 1 Viewership Down From 2015; ‘Big Bang Theory’ Wins Demo
- Time Warner’s Jeff Bewkes Made $31.5M in 2015, Down 4.3%
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- Tony Committee Calls ‘Shuffle Along’ A New Musical, Setting Up Possible ‘Hamilton’ Showdown
- Regal Hires Universal’s Steve Bunnell As Chief Content & Programming Officer