Here’s more financial fuel for the company behind YouTube’s young adult oriented SMOSH and Clevver Media. Alloy Digital CEO Matt Diamond says the cash will enable his company to “rapidly accelerate future growth by adding complementary, relevant properties and talent.” ABS Capital Partners General Partner Deric Emry — who just joined the Alloy board — adds that the Series A financing is “an extremely attractive investment opportunity” partly because digital media are growing so quickly. Since there’s still “an imbalance between time spent online and dollars spent by blue-chip advertisers,” ABS foresees “a significant opportunity for future growth as multi-platform media formats are expected to grow at a much greater rate than television.” In January Alloy announced that SMOSH had become the No. 1 YouTube channel measured by subscribers.
ABS Capital Invests $30M In Alloy Digital
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Black Panther' Keeps Box Office Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; 'I Can Only Imagine' Sings $17M High Note
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Business News
- The Roots Cancel SXSW Concert After Bomb Threat
- Ellen Barkin Says “Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam” After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
- Kathy Griffin Comeback Show At Carnegie Hall Nearly Sells Out In A Day
- Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And “Targeted Their Inner Demons” – Report
- Charlize Theron Says Arming Teachers With Guns Is “So Outrageous”
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe