Here’s more financial fuel for the company behind YouTube’s young adult oriented SMOSH and Clevver Media. Alloy Digital CEO Matt Diamond says the cash will enable his company to “rapidly accelerate future growth by adding complementary, relevant properties and talent.” ABS Capital Partners General Partner Deric Emry — who just joined the Alloy board — adds that the Series A financing is “an extremely attractive investment opportunity” partly because digital media are growing so quickly. Since there’s still “an imbalance between time spent online and dollars spent by blue-chip advertisers,” ABS foresees “a significant opportunity for future growth as multi-platform media formats are expected to grow at a much greater rate than television.” In January Alloy announced that SMOSH had become the No. 1 YouTube channel measured by subscribers.
ABS Capital Invests $30M In Alloy Digital
What's Hot on Deadline
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest Business News
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight Delayed By Widespread Cable & Satellite Outages – Update
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight Nets $400M For HBO/Showtime; Hollywood Comes Big
- David Goldberg Dies: Silicon Valley Entrepreneur, SurveyMonkey CEO, Husband Of Facebook COO
- Universal Reaches $26M Settlement Over Home Video Royalties Class Action
- Charter Chief Considers Adding Netflix And Skinny Bundles – And TWC?
- Tony! Nominations! Put Ads (And Even Some Artists!) In Broadway’s Spotlight!