Here’s more financial fuel for the company behind YouTube’s young adult oriented SMOSH and Clevver Media. Alloy Digital CEO Matt Diamond says the cash will enable his company to “rapidly accelerate future growth by adding complementary, relevant properties and talent.” ABS Capital Partners General Partner Deric Emry — who just joined the Alloy board — adds that the Series A financing is “an extremely attractive investment opportunity” partly because digital media are growing so quickly. Since there’s still “an imbalance between time spent online and dollars spent by blue-chip advertisers,” ABS foresees “a significant opportunity for future growth as multi-platform media formats are expected to grow at a much greater rate than television.” In January Alloy announced that SMOSH had become the No. 1 YouTube channel measured by subscribers.
ABS Capital Invests $30M In Alloy Digital
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Lieberman
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- Paramount Cancels 'Team America' Showings, Theaters Say
- Movie Theater Stocks Rebound After Chains Jettison 'The Interview'
- Lionsgate Sought Deal Talks With Sony Hacked Emails Reveal
- 'The Interview' NYC Premiere Canceled
- Barry Meyer Named To Federal Reserve Bank's Board In San Francisco