ABC brass are trying hard to stem Dancing With The Stars‘ ratings decline. Following a solid ratings run for the just concluded cycle of The Bachelor, especially in the younger demos, the network announced this morning that its star, Sean Lowe, will be joining Dancing‘s upcoming season, which starts next Monday. Before last night’s finale, The Bachelor was up year-to-year in total viewers (+3%), adults 18-49 (+7%), adults 18-34 (+22%) and women 18-34 (+19%), though the reality series faced The Voice for the second half of its run last season. Meanwhile, Dancing has been hitting all-time lows with double-digit declines. Lowe joins celebrity contestants Wynonna Judd, Kellie Pickler, Aly Raisman, Dorothy Hamill, Victor Ortiz, D.L. Hughley, Andy Dick, NFL star Jacoby Jones, Lisa Vanderpump, Ingo Rademacher and Zendaya Coleman.
ABC’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Adds ‘The Bachelor’ Star To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis