ABC brass are trying hard to stem Dancing With The Stars‘ ratings decline. Following a solid ratings run for the just concluded cycle of The Bachelor, especially in the younger demos, the network announced this morning that its star, Sean Lowe, will be joining Dancing‘s upcoming season, which starts next Monday. Before last night’s finale, The Bachelor was up year-to-year in total viewers (+3%), adults 18-49 (+7%), adults 18-34 (+22%) and women 18-34 (+19%), though the reality series faced The Voice for the second half of its run last season. Meanwhile, Dancing has been hitting all-time lows with double-digit declines. Lowe joins celebrity contestants Wynonna Judd, Kellie Pickler, Aly Raisman, Dorothy Hamill, Victor Ortiz, D.L. Hughley, Andy Dick, NFL star Jacoby Jones, Lisa Vanderpump, Ingo Rademacher and Zendaya Coleman.
ABC’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Adds ‘The Bachelor’ Star To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- ‘Black Lightning’: CW Series’ Key Art Unveiled
- ‘Homeland’ Season 7 Trailer: Carrie Is Back In D.C. To Take On The Keane Administration
- BET & Viacom Settle Discrimination Suit With Ex-Original Programming Head
- Patriots Lose But ‘Monday Night Football’ Ratings Rise, ‘Better Late Than Never’ Off In Return But Improves On ‘The Brave…
- ‘Unsolved’: Amirah Vann Set To Recur In USA's Tupac Shakur Biggie Smalls Series
- African American Film Critics All In With ‘Get Out’