ABC brass are trying hard to stem Dancing With The Stars‘ ratings decline. Following a solid ratings run for the just concluded cycle of The Bachelor, especially in the younger demos, the network announced this morning that its star, Sean Lowe, will be joining Dancing‘s upcoming season, which starts next Monday. Before last night’s finale, The Bachelor was up year-to-year in total viewers (+3%), adults 18-49 (+7%), adults 18-34 (+22%) and women 18-34 (+19%), though the reality series faced The Voice for the second half of its run last season. Meanwhile, Dancing has been hitting all-time lows with double-digit declines. Lowe joins celebrity contestants Wynonna Judd, Kellie Pickler, Aly Raisman, Dorothy Hamill, Victor Ortiz, D.L. Hughley, Andy Dick, NFL star Jacoby Jones, Lisa Vanderpump, Ingo Rademacher and Zendaya Coleman.
ABC’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Adds ‘The Bachelor’ Star To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television
- Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A “Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- Fox News Calls New Charles Payne Lawsuit “Shameful”; Accuser Claims Host Raped Her – Update