ABC brass are trying hard to stem Dancing With The Stars‘ ratings decline. Following a solid ratings run for the just concluded cycle of The Bachelor, especially in the younger demos, the network announced this morning that its star, Sean Lowe, will be joining Dancing‘s upcoming season, which starts next Monday. Before last night’s finale, The Bachelor was up year-to-year in total viewers (+3%), adults 18-49 (+7%), adults 18-34 (+22%) and women 18-34 (+19%), though the reality series faced The Voice for the second half of its run last season. Meanwhile, Dancing has been hitting all-time lows with double-digit declines. Lowe joins celebrity contestants Wynonna Judd, Kellie Pickler, Aly Raisman, Dorothy Hamill, Victor Ortiz, D.L. Hughley, Andy Dick, NFL star Jacoby Jones, Lisa Vanderpump, Ingo Rademacher and Zendaya Coleman.
ABC’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Adds ‘The Bachelor’ Star To Cast
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'