ABC brass are trying hard to stem Dancing With The Stars‘ ratings decline. Following a solid ratings run for the just concluded cycle of The Bachelor, especially in the younger demos, the network announced this morning that its star, Sean Lowe, will be joining Dancing‘s upcoming season, which starts next Monday. Before last night’s finale, The Bachelor was up year-to-year in total viewers (+3%), adults 18-49 (+7%), adults 18-34 (+22%) and women 18-34 (+19%), though the reality series faced The Voice for the second half of its run last season. Meanwhile, Dancing has been hitting all-time lows with double-digit declines. Lowe joins celebrity contestants Wynonna Judd, Kellie Pickler, Aly Raisman, Dorothy Hamill, Victor Ortiz, D.L. Hughley, Andy Dick, NFL star Jacoby Jones, Lisa Vanderpump, Ingo Rademacher and Zendaya Coleman.
ABC’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Adds ‘The Bachelor’ Star To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?
- Warriors-Thunder Game 7 Is Cable’s Most Watched NBA Telecast Ever With 16M Viewers On TNT
- ‘The Shield’ Actor Michael Jace Guilty Of Second-Degree Murder
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller In Plea Deal Talks For $5M Fraud Case; Seeks Another Delay From Judge
- Donald Trump Calls ABC Reporter “A Sleaze” During News Conference About Veterans Fundraiser