EXCLUSIVE: ABC has ordered three more episodes of Celebrity Wife Swap. That brings the total episode count for this cycle to nine. Three have been scheduled and have been airing Tuesdays 8 PM until new reality series Splash premieres March 19. The three additional episodes, along with the three remaining ones from the current order, will make for a six-episode cycle that is expected to air over the summer. Additionally, seven episodes of the original, non-celebrity Wife Swap, will start airing on Thursdays at 8 PM beginning March 21. The current Celebrity Wife Swap mini-cycle started off strong with the February 26 episode featuring reality/tabloid stars Kate Gosselin and Kendra Wilkinson, which nabbed a 2.4 rating in adults 18-49. The second episode, featuring singers Coolio and Mark McGrath, didn’t fare as well. Still, Celebrity Wife Swap is improving ABC’s time period by 25% vs. last year in 18-49. The next and final installment in this run, headlined by comedian Gilbert Gottfried and actor Alan Thicke, airs next Tuesday. Celebrity Wife Swap is produced by Bruce Toms for Zodiak USA. Natalka Znak, Claire O’Donohoe and Bruce Toms serve as executive producers.
ABC Picks Up 3 More Episodes Of ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’ For Six-Episode Summer Run
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup