EXCLUSIVE: Zooey Deschanel is becoming a full-fledged TV producer. The New Girl star has launched a production company with her Hello Giggles partner Sophia Rossi, which has inked a two-year first-look deal with 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind New Girl. Under the pact, Deschanel and Rossi will develop new projects for the studio. The two tried their hand at producing this season with Must Be Nice, a comedy written by New Girl consulting producer J.J. Philbin and produced by 20th TV, which sold to Fox, the network that airs New Girl. Deschanel and Rossi executive produced that project with Molly McAleer (2 Broke Girls), their partner at female-centric Web site Hello Giggles, which the trio launched in 2011. “We’ve known Zooey as an actress through New Girl, and as we got to know her as a producer through the script she developed, we quickly realized that there is so much more to her,” 20th TV chairman Gary Newman said. “Zooey and Sophia have their finger on the pulse of young people and particularly young women, and we really responded to that.” Deschanel is repped by UTA, Seven Summits and Hanson Jacobson; Rossi by UTA, Ziffren Brittenham and 3 Arts.
Zooey Deschanel Launches Production Co., Signs First-Look Deal With 20th TV
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ESPN To Lay Off About 100 Employees Including On-Air Personalities And Writers
- ‘The Tick’ Gets August Premiere Date On Amazon
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: NBC Teams With Youku For Localized Version In China
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- ‘Prison Break’ Revival Kills Off Major Character
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’