EXCLUSIVE: Zooey Deschanel is becoming a full-fledged TV producer. The New Girl star has launched a production company with her Hello Giggles partner Sophia Rossi, which has inked a two-year first-look deal with 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind New Girl. Under the pact, Deschanel and Rossi will develop new projects for the studio. The two tried their hand at producing this season with Must Be Nice, a comedy written by New Girl consulting producer J.J. Philbin and produced by 20th TV, which sold to Fox, the network that airs New Girl. Deschanel and Rossi executive produced that project with Molly McAleer (2 Broke Girls), their partner at female-centric Web site Hello Giggles, which the trio launched in 2011. “We’ve known Zooey as an actress through New Girl, and as we got to know her as a producer through the script she developed, we quickly realized that there is so much more to her,” 20th TV chairman Gary Newman said. “Zooey and Sophia have their finger on the pulse of young people and particularly young women, and we really responded to that.” Deschanel is repped by UTA, Seven Summits and Hanson Jacobson; Rossi by UTA, Ziffren Brittenham and 3 Arts.
Zooey Deschanel Launches Production Co., Signs First-Look Deal With 20th TV
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates