MTV announced today that Will Ferrell will be the first-ever recipient of the Comedic Genius Award, created to honor an actor who has “provided a major influence through their work” and “transformed the genre.” MTV president Stephen Friedman quoted Ferrell’s Anchorman character Ron Burgundy when he said, “Simply put, Will Ferrell is ‘kind of a big deal’.” Rebel Wilson will host the MTV Movie Awards which air on April 14 at 9:00PM ET from the Sony lot in Culver City.
Will Ferrell To Receive MTV Movie Awards’ Inaugural Comedic Genius Prize
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016