After the spot’s debut during the Super Bowl, viewers who have downloaded the app (www.startrekmovie.com/startrekapp) can watch a longer version of the game spot as well as unlock movie tickets for special 8PM showtimes Wednesday, May 15th — two days ahead of the film’s debut Friday, May 17th. The app also enables interactive features that let users undertake Star Trek missions utilizing geo-location awareness software, image recognition technology to collect points, access additional content and work their way through the Star Trek Academy.
Super Bowl Spot: ‘Star Trek Into Darkness'; Early Screenings Unveiled
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor