After the spot’s debut during the Super Bowl, viewers who have downloaded the app (www.startrekmovie.com/startrekapp) can watch a longer version of the game spot as well as unlock movie tickets for special 8PM showtimes Wednesday, May 15th — two days ahead of the film’s debut Friday, May 17th. The app also enables interactive features that let users undertake Star Trek missions utilizing geo-location awareness software, image recognition technology to collect points, access additional content and work their way through the Star Trek Academy.
Super Bowl Spot: ‘Star Trek Into Darkness'; Early Screenings Unveiled
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016