After the spot’s debut during the Super Bowl, viewers who have downloaded the app (www.startrekmovie.com/startrekapp) can watch a longer version of the game spot as well as unlock movie tickets for special 8PM showtimes Wednesday, May 15th — two days ahead of the film’s debut Friday, May 17th. The app also enables interactive features that let users undertake Star Trek missions utilizing geo-location awareness software, image recognition technology to collect points, access additional content and work their way through the Star Trek Academy.
Super Bowl Spot: ‘Star Trek Into Darkness'; Early Screenings Unveiled
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date