EXCLUSIVE: Tim Burton received his second animated feature nomination for Frankenweenie, perhaps his most personal movie yet. His first nom came for 2005’s Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride. Both are products of the art of Stop Motion animation, a technique that fell on hard times after CGI took over for most animated films. But thanks to Burton and others it is back with a vengeance. Three of the Animated Feature nominees this year (ParaNorman and The Pirates! Band Of Misfits are the others) and two of the Animated Short nominees (Head Over Heels and Fresh Guacamole) are all done with Stop Motion technique. In this exclusive featurette a visit to the “puppet hospital” shows some of the magic behind Frankenweenie.
OSCARS: Tim Burton’s ‘Frankenweenie’ Featurette ‘The Puppet Hospital’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Hammond
- Toronto: 'The Imitation Game' Named Festival's People's Choice Winner – Oscar Harbinger?
- Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
- Deadline @ Toronto: Oscar-Worthy Pics Keep Coming (Video)
- Toronto: Jennifer Aniston Sparks Oscar Buzz With Game-Changing Drama 'Cake'
- Deadline @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On A Grand 'Theory' And More (Video)
- Toronto: 'Theory Of Everything' Sends Oscar Race Into Early Overdrive As TIFF World Premieres Keep On Coming