The acclaimed actress says she’s never watched Downton Abbey. Why not? “Because it’s frustrating. I always see things that I would like to do differently and think, ‘Oh, why in the name of God did I do that?'” It looks like Smith, who says she’ll watch “when it’s all over” is more than a match for Steve Kroft in the 60 Minutes interview that airs Sunday. Asked about her reputation for not suffering mediocrity, she says “You’re trying to say that I am what everybody says… I’m scary and I understand that totally. Old people are scary and I have to face it, I am old and I am scary and I am very sorry about it but I don’t know what you do”. Indeed.
Maggie Smith On ‘60 Minutes': Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast