The acclaimed actress says she’s never watched Downton Abbey. Why not? “Because it’s frustrating. I always see things that I would like to do differently and think, ‘Oh, why in the name of God did I do that?'” It looks like Smith, who says she’ll watch “when it’s all over” is more than a match for Steve Kroft in the 60 Minutes interview that airs Sunday. Asked about her reputation for not suffering mediocrity, she says “You’re trying to say that I am what everybody says… I’m scary and I understand that totally. Old people are scary and I have to face it, I am old and I am scary and I am very sorry about it but I don’t know what you do”. Indeed.
Maggie Smith On ‘60 Minutes’: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- WABC-TV President & GM Dave Davis Retires From New York Station
- Donald Trump Tweet-Storm: Armed Teachers Good; Assault Weapon Ban Bad
- ‘The Zen Diaries Of Garry Shandling’ Trailer: First Look At HBO’s Two-Part Docu On The Comic’s Comic
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89
- SAG-AFTRA Sets Workshop To Train Its Leaders In Sexual Harassment Prevention