EXCLUSIVE: Daniella Pineda (Fitzgerald Family Christmas) has landed a regular role in the potential Vampire Diaries spinoff The Originals, which will be introduced as an upcoming episode of TVD that airs April 25. The Originals stars TVD’s Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies and Phoebe Tonkin reprising their roles. Written by TVD co-creator/executive producer Julie Plec, The Originals centers on the Original family of vampires, as Klaus (Morgan) returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans — a town he helped build centuries ago — and is reunited with his diabolical former protégé Marcel. Elijah (Gillies), intent on helping his self-destructive brother find redemption, must side with Marcel’s enemies in order to keep Klaus in line. Pineda will play Sophie, a witch whose magic has been silenced but not snuffed. A leader and a sexy, sharp-tongued social force, she is quietly sowing the seeds of a revolution amongst her peers. Pineda, repped by Innovative and manager Kristen Ames, co-starred in the NBC pilot Midnight Sun last season and recently guest starred on Showtime’s Homeland.
‘Vampire Diaries’ Spinoff ‘The Originals’ Casts A Witch
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox