EXCLUSIVE: Daniella Pineda (Fitzgerald Family Christmas) has landed a regular role in the potential Vampire Diaries spinoff The Originals, which will be introduced as an upcoming episode of TVD that airs April 25. The Originals stars TVD’s Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies and Phoebe Tonkin reprising their roles. Written by TVD co-creator/executive producer Julie Plec, The Originals centers on the Original family of vampires, as Klaus (Morgan) returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans — a town he helped build centuries ago — and is reunited with his diabolical former protégé Marcel. Elijah (Gillies), intent on helping his self-destructive brother find redemption, must side with Marcel’s enemies in order to keep Klaus in line. Pineda will play Sophie, a witch whose magic has been silenced but not snuffed. A leader and a sexy, sharp-tongued social force, she is quietly sowing the seeds of a revolution amongst her peers. Pineda, repped by Innovative and manager Kristen Ames, co-starred in the NBC pilot Midnight Sun last season and recently guest starred on Showtime’s Homeland.
‘Vampire Diaries’ Spinoff ‘The Originals’ Casts A Witch
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest TV News
- Cécile Frot-Coutaz Exiting As CEO Of FremantleMedia To Head YouTube In Europe
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Olivia De Havilland’s Lawyers Make Her Case In ‘Feud’ Appeals Hearing
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid