USA Network has given an eight-episode order to reality series Summer Camp for a premiere this summer. Summer Camp, from Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan’s Fly on the Wall Entertainment and Sony Pictures TV, features 16 adults from all walks of life who go camping at an idyllic lakeside retreat where they take part in over-to-top competitions inspired by classic camp games. At the end of the summer, the remaining competitors face off in the “Campathalon,” an Olympic style event. “This series marries a fun, energizing and nostalgic concept with quirky characters, who will captivate our viewers, as they attempt to reclaim – or perhaps reinvent – their youth,” said Heather Olander, SVP, Alternative Programming for USA. This is the second summer camp-themed series for this summer, joining 10-episode scripted dramedy Camp ordered by USA sibling NBC. Summer Camp is USA’s fourth reality series under the network’s current push into unscripted TV. It follows The Moment, which premieres April 11, The Choir and Partners In Crime. Additionally, USA recently shot pilot Bride Or Best Man, and is in production on pilot All In.
USA Orders ‘Summer Camp’ Reality Series
Trending Now on Deadline
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates