USA Network has given an eight-episode order to reality series Summer Camp for a premiere this summer. Summer Camp, from Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan’s Fly on the Wall Entertainment and Sony Pictures TV, features 16 adults from all walks of life who go camping at an idyllic lakeside retreat where they take part in over-to-top competitions inspired by classic camp games. At the end of the summer, the remaining competitors face off in the “Campathalon,” an Olympic style event. “This series marries a fun, energizing and nostalgic concept with quirky characters, who will captivate our viewers, as they attempt to reclaim – or perhaps reinvent – their youth,” said Heather Olander, SVP, Alternative Programming for USA. This is the second summer camp-themed series for this summer, joining 10-episode scripted dramedy Camp ordered by USA sibling NBC. Summer Camp is USA’s fourth reality series under the network’s current push into unscripted TV. It follows The Moment, which premieres April 11, The Choir and Partners In Crime. Additionally, USA recently shot pilot Bride Or Best Man, and is in production on pilot All In.
USA Orders ‘Summer Camp’ Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…