USA Network has given an eight-episode order to reality series Summer Camp for a premiere this summer. Summer Camp, from Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan’s Fly on the Wall Entertainment and Sony Pictures TV, features 16 adults from all walks of life who go camping at an idyllic lakeside retreat where they take part in over-to-top competitions inspired by classic camp games. At the end of the summer, the remaining competitors face off in the “Campathalon,” an Olympic style event. “This series marries a fun, energizing and nostalgic concept with quirky characters, who will captivate our viewers, as they attempt to reclaim – or perhaps reinvent – their youth,” said Heather Olander, SVP, Alternative Programming for USA. This is the second summer camp-themed series for this summer, joining 10-episode scripted dramedy Camp ordered by USA sibling NBC. Summer Camp is USA’s fourth reality series under the network’s current push into unscripted TV. It follows The Moment, which premieres April 11, The Choir and Partners In Crime. Additionally, USA recently shot pilot Bride Or Best Man, and is in production on pilot All In.
USA Orders ‘Summer Camp’ Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Talpa Media USA Shopping ‘The Big Picture’ Interactive Game Show
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’