Sky Living HD has made an exclusive deal with Gaumont International Television for NBC midseason drama, Hannibal. The psychological drama written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and based on the characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon, begins airing in the U.S. on April 4 with Sky’s UK premiere soon to follow. Mads Mikkelsen makes his U.S. television debut as Dr. Hannibal Lecter opposite Hugh Dancy as FBI criminal profiler Will Graham in the series which has a 13 episode first season order. Caroline Dhavernas, Laurence Fishburne, Gillian Anderson and Eddie Izzard also appear. Martha DeLaurentiis exec produces. David Slade executive produced and directed the pilot. Deal was brokered by Sky acquisitions manager Louisa Forsyth and Gaumont International Television’s head of international distribution and co-production, Erik Pack.
UK’s Sky Living Acquires ‘Hannibal’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest International News
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A