Sky Living HD has made an exclusive deal with Gaumont International Television for NBC midseason drama, Hannibal. The psychological drama written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and based on the characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon, begins airing in the U.S. on April 4 with Sky’s UK premiere soon to follow. Mads Mikkelsen makes his U.S. television debut as Dr. Hannibal Lecter opposite Hugh Dancy as FBI criminal profiler Will Graham in the series which has a 13 episode first season order. Caroline Dhavernas, Laurence Fishburne, Gillian Anderson and Eddie Izzard also appear. Martha DeLaurentiis exec produces. David Slade executive produced and directed the pilot. Deal was brokered by Sky acquisitions manager Louisa Forsyth and Gaumont International Television’s head of international distribution and co-production, Erik Pack.
UK’s Sky Living Acquires ‘Hannibal’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2
- Japan-North Korea Talks Seen Unaffected By Sony Hack Attack Revelations