Sky Living HD has made an exclusive deal with Gaumont International Television for NBC midseason drama, Hannibal. The psychological drama written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and based on the characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon, begins airing in the U.S. on April 4 with Sky’s UK premiere soon to follow. Mads Mikkelsen makes his U.S. television debut as Dr. Hannibal Lecter opposite Hugh Dancy as FBI criminal profiler Will Graham in the series which has a 13 episode first season order. Caroline Dhavernas, Laurence Fishburne, Gillian Anderson and Eddie Izzard also appear. Martha DeLaurentiis exec produces. David Slade executive produced and directed the pilot. Deal was brokered by Sky acquisitions manager Louisa Forsyth and Gaumont International Television’s head of international distribution and co-production, Erik Pack.
UK’s Sky Living Acquires ‘Hannibal’
What's Hot on Deadline
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest International News
- Matthew Perry’s West End Playwriting Debut Draws Crowds Despite Critics’ Barbs
- ‘Angry Birds’ Get Happy With Day-And-Date China Bow
- ‘Warcraft’ Sets China Release Two Days Ahead Of U.S.: A Burgeoning Trend?
- Javier Bardem & Penelope Cruz On Croisette For ‘Escobar’ – Cannes
- The Simpsons Store Opens In China; First High-End Outlet Dedicated To Iconic Toon
- Russell Crowe To Star, James Franco To Direct Cormac McCarthy’s ‘Blood Meridian’- Cannes