Sky Living HD has made an exclusive deal with Gaumont International Television for NBC midseason drama, Hannibal. The psychological drama written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and based on the characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon, begins airing in the U.S. on April 4 with Sky’s UK premiere soon to follow. Mads Mikkelsen makes his U.S. television debut as Dr. Hannibal Lecter opposite Hugh Dancy as FBI criminal profiler Will Graham in the series which has a 13 episode first season order. Caroline Dhavernas, Laurence Fishburne, Gillian Anderson and Eddie Izzard also appear. Martha DeLaurentiis exec produces. David Slade executive produced and directed the pilot. Deal was brokered by Sky acquisitions manager Louisa Forsyth and Gaumont International Television’s head of international distribution and co-production, Erik Pack.
UK’s Sky Living Acquires ‘Hannibal’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…