The 33rd Annual Golden Raspberry Awards – aka The Razzies – for worst films and performances are announced annually on the eve of the Oscars for obvious reasons. This year Adam Sandler took the Worst Actor Razzie for the second year in a row, this time for Sony Pictures‘ That’s My Boy which bombed last summer. Worst Supporting Actress by a landslide was singer Rihanna making her big screen debut in the Universal flop Battleship. But it’s hard to best 2012’s worst: the mucho-moneymaker Twilight Saga’s Breaking Dawn Part 2 which won Worst Picture, Worst Actress for Kristen Stewart, Worst Supporting Actor for Taylor Lautner, Worst Director for Bill Condon (who received the most withering reviews of any of the Twilight Saga helmers), Worst Screen Ensemble, and other categories. Still, it’s hard to believe that Disney’s John Carter wasn’t far worse. The venue for this year’s Golden Raspberry bash-fest was The Continental Breakfast Room of the Holiday Inn Express Hollywood Walk of Fame hotel, less than half-a-mile from where the Academy Awards will be held tonight. The Razzies were created in 1980 as a logical antidote to Tinseltown’s annual glut of self-congratulatory awards.
Twilight Finale Wins Razzies For Worst: Also Kristin Stewart, Taylor Lautner, Bill Condon
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘The Divine Order’ Director Petra Volpe On The Crumbling Of The Swiss Patriarchy
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…