The 33rd Annual Golden Raspberry Awards – aka The Razzies – for worst films and performances are announced annually on the eve of the Oscars for obvious reasons. This year Adam Sandler took the Worst Actor Razzie for the second year in a row, this time for Sony Pictures‘ That’s My Boy which bombed last summer. Worst Supporting Actress by a landslide was singer Rihanna making her big screen debut in the Universal flop Battleship. But it’s hard to best 2012’s worst: the mucho-moneymaker Twilight Saga’s Breaking Dawn Part 2 which won Worst Picture, Worst Actress for Kristen Stewart, Worst Supporting Actor for Taylor Lautner, Worst Director for Bill Condon (who received the most withering reviews of any of the Twilight Saga helmers), Worst Screen Ensemble, and other categories. Still, it’s hard to believe that Disney’s John Carter wasn’t far worse. The venue for this year’s Golden Raspberry bash-fest was The Continental Breakfast Room of the Holiday Inn Express Hollywood Walk of Fame hotel, less than half-a-mile from where the Academy Awards will be held tonight. The Razzies were created in 1980 as a logical antidote to Tinseltown’s annual glut of self-congratulatory awards.
Twilight Finale Wins Razzies For Worst: Also Kristin Stewart, Taylor Lautner, Bill Condon
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'