The 33rd Annual Golden Raspberry Awards – aka The Razzies – for worst films and performances are announced annually on the eve of the Oscars for obvious reasons. This year Adam Sandler took the Worst Actor Razzie for the second year in a row, this time for Sony Pictures‘ That’s My Boy which bombed last summer. Worst Supporting Actress by a landslide was singer Rihanna making her big screen debut in the Universal flop Battleship. But it’s hard to best 2012’s worst: the mucho-moneymaker Twilight Saga’s Breaking Dawn Part 2 which won Worst Picture, Worst Actress for Kristen Stewart, Worst Supporting Actor for Taylor Lautner, Worst Director for Bill Condon (who received the most withering reviews of any of the Twilight Saga helmers), Worst Screen Ensemble, and other categories. Still, it’s hard to believe that Disney’s John Carter wasn’t far worse. The venue for this year’s Golden Raspberry bash-fest was The Continental Breakfast Room of the Holiday Inn Express Hollywood Walk of Fame hotel, less than half-a-mile from where the Academy Awards will be held tonight. The Razzies were created in 1980 as a logical antidote to Tinseltown’s annual glut of self-congratulatory awards.
Twilight Finale Wins Razzies For Worst: Also Kristin Stewart, Taylor Lautner, Bill Condon
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video