UPDATED: Cheers‘ Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman and Seinfeld‘s Michael Richards are officially returning to primetime. TV Land has given a 12-episode series order to Alley’s multi-camera comedy, which was titled Giant Baby at the pilot stage. It is now being renamed Kirstie’s New Show and will premiere in the fall. Created by Marco Pennette, it revolves around Madison “Maddie” Banks (Alley), a Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when Arlo (Eric Petersen), her long-lost son, turns up looking to connect after his adopted mother dies. Perlman plays Maddie’s assistant and best friend; Richards plays Maddie’s outlandish driver. “This cast is a TV Land dream team of stars,” said TV Land President Larry W. Jones. “Seeing them all together is truly mind-blowing.” Gilles Marini guest starred in the pilot as Maddie’s chef. It is unclear if he will continue on the show as recurring. Of TV Land’s two other pilots, the multi-camera Brothers-in-Law is dead, while I’m Not Dead Yet is living up to its title and is still in contention. Kirstie’s New Show, which ends a two-year quest by TV Land to get a show with the sitcom star on the air, is executive produced by Pennette, Alley and her manager Jason Weinberg. Alley announced the pickup in a YouTube video:
TV Land Picks Up Kirstie Alley’s Pilot To Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'