EXCLUSIVE: Working Title UK has acquired Dunkirk, a spec script by Gavin Scott that has Oliver Parker attached to direct. The script chronicles the courage of British civilians, men and women who used small boats to cross the English Channel and rescue 200,000 British troops and 140,000 French troops from the advancing Germans. Dunkirk was one of the battles that changed the course of WWII. Scott wrote the script and brought to Parker, whose credits include Dorian Gray, and Johnny English Reborn. Scott’s script work includes Small Soldiers and The Borrowers and series that include Young Indiana Jones. He’s currently teamed with Terry Jones on an adaptation of Good Omens, the Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett comic novel. He and Jones also scripted Absolutely Anything, which Jones is directing with his Monty Python mates and Robin Williams. Scott is repped by Original Artists in the US and Linda Seifert Management in the UK, and Parker is repped by Independent Talent Group.
Tide-Turning WWII Battle ‘Dunkirk’ Getting Screen Treatment From Working Title UK
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Sakina Jaffrey Cast In Fox’s ‘Red Sparrow’; Bill Marchant Joins Sci-Fi Indie ‘Volition’
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu
- Bill Paxton Tribute: The Man Behind The Actor
- Comedy Dynamics Books ‘Chee And T’; Kino Lorber Nabs Two Venice Film Fest Pics
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature