EXCLUSIVE: Working Title UK has acquired Dunkirk, a spec script by Gavin Scott that has Oliver Parker attached to direct. The script chronicles the courage of British civilians, men and women who used small boats to cross the English Channel and rescue 200,000 British troops and 140,000 French troops from the advancing Germans. Dunkirk was one of the battles that changed the course of WWII. Scott wrote the script and brought to Parker, whose credits include Dorian Gray, and Johnny English Reborn. Scott’s script work includes Small Soldiers and The Borrowers and series that include Young Indiana Jones. He’s currently teamed with Terry Jones on an adaptation of Good Omens, the Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett comic novel. He and Jones also scripted Absolutely Anything, which Jones is directing with his Monty Python mates and Robin Williams. Scott is repped by Original Artists in the US and Linda Seifert Management in the UK, and Parker is repped by Independent Talent Group.
Tide-Turning WWII Battle ‘Dunkirk’ Getting Screen Treatment From Working Title UK
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Lego Movie' Sequel Gets Phil Lord, Chris Miller Script Commitment
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'