EXCLUSIVE: Working Title UK has acquired Dunkirk, a spec script by Gavin Scott that has Oliver Parker attached to direct. The script chronicles the courage of British civilians, men and women who used small boats to cross the English Channel and rescue 200,000 British troops and 140,000 French troops from the advancing Germans. Dunkirk was one of the battles that changed the course of WWII. Scott wrote the script and brought to Parker, whose credits include Dorian Gray, and Johnny English Reborn. Scott’s script work includes Small Soldiers and The Borrowers and series that include Young Indiana Jones. He’s currently teamed with Terry Jones on an adaptation of Good Omens, the Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett comic novel. He and Jones also scripted Absolutely Anything, which Jones is directing with his Monty Python mates and Robin Williams. Scott is repped by Original Artists in the US and Linda Seifert Management in the UK, and Parker is repped by Independent Talent Group.
Tide-Turning WWII Battle ‘Dunkirk’ Getting Screen Treatment From Working Title UK
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'
- 'Ben-Hur' Remake: 'Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston Lands Title Role