EXCLUSIVE: Meet the CW’s potential new leading lady. Madeline Carroll (Mr. Popper’s Penguins) has landed the lead in Blink, the CW’s drama pilot executive produced by David Marshall Grant (Smash). Written by Vera Herbert, Blink is described as a warm, quirky, humorous drama about a family whose lives are forever changed, for better and worse, when the patriarch has a car accident resulting in a coma-like syndrome where he cannot speak or move, but can see and hear all. His narration and fantasy sequences emanating from his mind provide context and a wry counterpoint to the stories and conflicts of the family and his own situation. Carroll will play the teen daughter, Ari, an old soul brimming with teen angst who is having hard time dealing with her father’s accident and spends most of her time at the hospital with him. Blink is produced by CBS TV Studios and studio-based Timberman-Beverly, with Grant, Carl Beverly and Sarah Timberman executive producing and Herbert serving as supervising producer.
The CW Drama Pilot ‘Blink’ Casts Its Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest TV News
- Battling Republicans On CBS Fuel Highest-Rated Debate Of 2016
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Melissa McCarthy
- Video – Kanye West & Kyle Mooney’s Rap Duel: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood’s Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: ‘Saturday Night Live…
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Purity’ Drama Starring Daniel Craig From Scott Rudin Eyes Series Order