EXCLUSIVE: Meet the CW’s potential new leading lady. Madeline Carroll (Mr. Popper’s Penguins) has landed the lead in Blink, the CW’s drama pilot executive produced by David Marshall Grant (Smash). Written by Vera Herbert, Blink is described as a warm, quirky, humorous drama about a family whose lives are forever changed, for better and worse, when the patriarch has a car accident resulting in a coma-like syndrome where he cannot speak or move, but can see and hear all. His narration and fantasy sequences emanating from his mind provide context and a wry counterpoint to the stories and conflicts of the family and his own situation. Carroll will play the teen daughter, Ari, an old soul brimming with teen angst who is having hard time dealing with her father’s accident and spends most of her time at the hospital with him. Blink is produced by CBS TV Studios and studio-based Timberman-Beverly, with Grant, Carl Beverly and Sarah Timberman executive producing and Herbert serving as supervising producer.
The CW Drama Pilot ‘Blink’ Casts Its Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April
- Jeremy Piven To Topline ‘Wisdom Of The Crowd’ CBS Drama Pilot
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…