EXCLUSIVE: Meet the CW’s potential new leading lady. Madeline Carroll (Mr. Popper’s Penguins) has landed the lead in Blink, the CW’s drama pilot executive produced by David Marshall Grant (Smash). Written by Vera Herbert, Blink is described as a warm, quirky, humorous drama about a family whose lives are forever changed, for better and worse, when the patriarch has a car accident resulting in a coma-like syndrome where he cannot speak or move, but can see and hear all. His narration and fantasy sequences emanating from his mind provide context and a wry counterpoint to the stories and conflicts of the family and his own situation. Carroll will play the teen daughter, Ari, an old soul brimming with teen angst who is having hard time dealing with her father’s accident and spends most of her time at the hospital with him. Blink is produced by CBS TV Studios and studio-based Timberman-Beverly, with Grant, Carl Beverly and Sarah Timberman executive producing and Herbert serving as supervising producer.
The CW Drama Pilot ‘Blink’ Casts Its Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- ‘Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour’ Concert Film To Premiere On Showtime
- How The Power-Broker Koch Brothers Are Killing The Florida Film Business
- James Patterson Teams With David Marshall Grant For ‘Stingray’ FBI Drama At CBS, Sells ‘NYPD Red’ Adaptation To…