EXCLUSIVE: Meet the CW’s potential new leading lady. Madeline Carroll (Mr. Popper’s Penguins) has landed the lead in Blink, the CW’s drama pilot executive produced by David Marshall Grant (Smash). Written by Vera Herbert, Blink is described as a warm, quirky, humorous drama about a family whose lives are forever changed, for better and worse, when the patriarch has a car accident resulting in a coma-like syndrome where he cannot speak or move, but can see and hear all. His narration and fantasy sequences emanating from his mind provide context and a wry counterpoint to the stories and conflicts of the family and his own situation. Carroll will play the teen daughter, Ari, an old soul brimming with teen angst who is having hard time dealing with her father’s accident and spends most of her time at the hospital with him. Blink is produced by CBS TV Studios and studio-based Timberman-Beverly, with Grant, Carl Beverly and Sarah Timberman executive producing and Herbert serving as supervising producer.
The CW Drama Pilot ‘Blink’ Casts Its Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'