EXCLUSIVE: Meet the CW’s potential new leading lady. Madeline Carroll (Mr. Popper’s Penguins) has landed the lead in Blink, the CW’s drama pilot executive produced by David Marshall Grant (Smash). Written by Vera Herbert, Blink is described as a warm, quirky, humorous drama about a family whose lives are forever changed, for better and worse, when the patriarch has a car accident resulting in a coma-like syndrome where he cannot speak or move, but can see and hear all. His narration and fantasy sequences emanating from his mind provide context and a wry counterpoint to the stories and conflicts of the family and his own situation. Carroll will play the teen daughter, Ari, an old soul brimming with teen angst who is having hard time dealing with her father’s accident and spends most of her time at the hospital with him. Blink is produced by CBS TV Studios and studio-based Timberman-Beverly, with Grant, Carl Beverly and Sarah Timberman executive producing and Herbert serving as supervising producer.
The CW Drama Pilot ‘Blink’ Casts Its Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
'Magnificent Seven' Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua - Monday Final B.O.
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor