The CW is writing off midseason Tuesday drama Cult after two low-rated airings. Beginning next week, the serialized drama will move to Friday, airing at 9 PM. The CW will air repeats in Cult‘s Tuesday 9 PM slot, beginning with Beauty And The Beast next week. Cult debuted with an underwhelming 0.3 in adults 18-49 last week and matched that number last night. Still, the project went further than the conventional Hollywood wisdom would suggest. Sci-fi veteran Rockne S. O’Bannon wrote it for the 2005-06 development season when it landed a pilot order at the WB but the project became a casualty of the UPN/WB merger and the pilot was never produced. Six years later, O’Bannon’s updated Cult script got another pilot order at the CW, got made and went to a series, albeit short-lived.
The CW’s ‘Cult’ Bumped To Fridays
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubbard, Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- 'Bewitched' Follow-Up Series Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse's USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Red Band Society' Gets Order For Four More Scripts