The CW is writing off midseason Tuesday drama Cult after two low-rated airings. Beginning next week, the serialized drama will move to Friday, airing at 9 PM. The CW will air repeats in Cult‘s Tuesday 9 PM slot, beginning with Beauty And The Beast next week. Cult debuted with an underwhelming 0.3 in adults 18-49 last week and matched that number last night. Still, the project went further than the conventional Hollywood wisdom would suggest. Sci-fi veteran Rockne S. O’Bannon wrote it for the 2005-06 development season when it landed a pilot order at the WB but the project became a casualty of the UPN/WB merger and the pilot was never produced. Six years later, O’Bannon’s updated Cult script got another pilot order at the CW, got made and went to a series, albeit short-lived.
The CW’s ‘Cult’ Bumped To Fridays
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment