The CW is writing off midseason Tuesday drama Cult after two low-rated airings. Beginning next week, the serialized drama will move to Friday, airing at 9 PM. The CW will air repeats in Cult‘s Tuesday 9 PM slot, beginning with Beauty And The Beast next week. Cult debuted with an underwhelming 0.3 in adults 18-49 last week and matched that number last night. Still, the project went further than the conventional Hollywood wisdom would suggest. Sci-fi veteran Rockne S. O’Bannon wrote it for the 2005-06 development season when it landed a pilot order at the WB but the project became a casualty of the UPN/WB merger and the pilot was never produced. Six years later, O’Bannon’s updated Cult script got another pilot order at the CW, got made and went to a series, albeit short-lived.
The CW’s ‘Cult’ Bumped To Fridays
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Not Buying What Judith Miller Selling On ‘Real Time’
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'