The CW is writing off midseason Tuesday drama Cult after two low-rated airings. Beginning next week, the serialized drama will move to Friday, airing at 9 PM. The CW will air repeats in Cult‘s Tuesday 9 PM slot, beginning with Beauty And The Beast next week. Cult debuted with an underwhelming 0.3 in adults 18-49 last week and matched that number last night. Still, the project went further than the conventional Hollywood wisdom would suggest. Sci-fi veteran Rockne S. O’Bannon wrote it for the 2005-06 development season when it landed a pilot order at the WB but the project became a casualty of the UPN/WB merger and the pilot was never produced. Six years later, O’Bannon’s updated Cult script got another pilot order at the CW, got made and went to a series, albeit short-lived.
The CW’s ‘Cult’ Bumped To Fridays
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive