To celebrate its 40th anniversary, the Telluride Film Festival will extend its usual four-day run to five days, it was announced today. The 2013 edition will run August 29 to September 2 in Telluride, Colorado and this year inaugurates a new venue, the 650-person capacity Werner Herzog Theatre, located in Telluride’s Town Park Pavilion. Each year’s line-up is kept secret until opening day, but last year’s fest screened nearly 100 feature films, short films and revivals including Michael Haneke’s Amour, Ken Burns’ Central Park Five, and an unofficial sneak preview of eventual Best Picture winner Argo.
Telluride Film Festival Sets 40th Anniversary Dates
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- UPDATE: Fox Home Entertainment & 'Sleepy Hollow' Marketer Apologize For “Headless Day” Promo After Beheading Of Second U.S…
- Abortionist Pic 'Gosnell' Hires 'True Crime' Writer To Script
- MMA Pastor Doc 'Fight Church' Inks Distribution, Morgan Spurlock TV Deal
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'