To celebrate its 40th anniversary, the Telluride Film Festival will extend its usual four-day run to five days, it was announced today. The 2013 edition will run August 29 to September 2 in Telluride, Colorado and this year inaugurates a new venue, the 650-person capacity Werner Herzog Theatre, located in Telluride’s Town Park Pavilion. Each year’s line-up is kept secret until opening day, but last year’s fest screened nearly 100 feature films, short films and revivals including Michael Haneke’s Amour, Ken Burns’ Central Park Five, and an unofficial sneak preview of eventual Best Picture winner Argo.
Telluride Film Festival Sets 40th Anniversary Dates
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'