NBCUniversal’s Spanish-language video operation wants to be seen as a movie destination — probably a smart strategy in light of reports showing a surge in movie-going by Latino audiences. The new multi-year agreement with Lionsgate extends their relationship; the companies did not disclose financial terms. But it will bring The Hunger Games to Telemundo beginning in 2015. The agreement also includes The Last Stand, The Three Musketeers, and 16 other films. The new deal with Lionsgate “will bring blockbuster releases featuring their favorite stars, including Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, directly into their living rooms.” says Telemundo VP of program planning and scheduling Maria Iregui. Telemundo says that Nielsen identified it as the top destination last year for Spanish-language TV movie viewers. Later this year her company and another NBCUniversal unit, Fandango, will launch “Fandango Cine,” a digital destination to provide movie info and ticketing for Spanish language audiences.
Telemundo Media Licensing Deal With Lionsgate Includes ‘Hunger Games’
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Latest Business News
- Carl Icahn Steps Down As Donald Trump Adviser On Regulatory Reform
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Stuart Thompson Dies: ‘Proof’, ‘On Golden Pond’ Broadway Producer Was 62
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- Will MoviePass Give Theaters A Jolt Of Innovation, Or Is It Doomed To Fail?