EXCLUSIVE: Bringing together people from film, TV, music and fashion, TEDxHollywood has been set for March 28 at the UCLA Freud Playhouse in LA. An offshoot of parent TEDTalks, TEDx is a series of local events organized independently. With the theme centering on “how content, technology and brands entertain and inform”, confirmed speakers to date include Funny or Die President and CEO Dick Glover, Heroes creator Tim Kring, Courtney Holt of Maker Studios, Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts, musicians John Forte and Kina Granis, BioBeats co-founder Nadeem Kassam and entrepreneur Rachel Shechtman. More will be lined up in the coming weeks. Topics include succeeding in the entertainment world outside the traditional Hollywood system, and great gadgets, gear and technology imagined by Hollywood that could become reality in the near future. Ken Hertz, an entertainment attorney at Hertz & Lichtenstein and founder of memBrain llc, a brand and licensing company, is the event chair.
TED Speaking Series Hitting Hollywood
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling For Women
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…