EXCLUSIVE: Bringing together people from film, TV, music and fashion, TEDxHollywood has been set for March 28 at the UCLA Freud Playhouse in LA. An offshoot of parent TEDTalks, TEDx is a series of local events organized independently. With the theme centering on “how content, technology and brands entertain and inform”, confirmed speakers to date include Funny or Die President and CEO Dick Glover, Heroes creator Tim Kring, Courtney Holt of Maker Studios, Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts, musicians John Forte and Kina Granis, BioBeats co-founder Nadeem Kassam and entrepreneur Rachel Shechtman. More will be lined up in the coming weeks. Topics include succeeding in the entertainment world outside the traditional Hollywood system, and great gadgets, gear and technology imagined by Hollywood that could become reality in the near future. Ken Hertz, an entertainment attorney at Hertz & Lichtenstein and founder of memBrain llc, a brand and licensing company, is the event chair.
TED Speaking Series Hitting Hollywood
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest Film News
- ‘Inconceivable’s Jonathan Baker, Who Filed Fraud Suit Against Emmett/Furla, Says He Has What Happened On Film…
- Looking Under ‘Logan Lucky’s Hood As ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Stands Tall With $21M Opening – Saturday…
- Donald Trump Blows Off Kennedy Center Honors; Avoiding “Political Distraction”
- Producer Joel Silver Sued For Wrongful Death In 2015 Drowning Of Assistant In Bora Bora
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris