TBS has renewed King Of The Nerds, its successful freshman reality competition series hosted and executive produced by two of the stars of the movie franchise, Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong. On the show, competitors come together to face challenges that will test their intellect, ingenuity, skills and pop-culture prowess. Executive producing the series are Carradine, Armstrong, Electus’ Ben Silverman and Jimmy Fox and 5X5 Media’s Rick Ringbakk, Tod Mesirow and Craig Armstrong. King Of The Nerds, packaged by Buchwald/Fortitude, premiered in January with 2 million total viewers, more than 1.2 million adults 18-49 and 586,000 adults 18-34 in Live+Same Day. That was very close to TBS’ scripted series premieres behind Big Bang, including the recent TBS debut of Cougar Town (1.3 million adults 18-49 and 613,000 adults 18-34) at the fraction of the cost.
TBS’ ‘King Of The Nerds’ Renewed For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'