EXCLUSIVE: After each of them has co-created a TBS series, Walt Becker (Wild Hogs) and Cheers alum Rob Long have teamed for a multi-camera comedy project, which has landed a pilot order at TBS. The network has greenlighted Do It Yourself, created and executive produced by Becker and Long and produced internally at Turner. It tells the story of Nick, a 20-something laid-off math teacher who finds himself thrust into the blue collar world when he gets a job at that most American of retail institutions: the big box home supply store. Nick quickly becomes the de facto leader of his band of misfit coworkers while also figuring out ways to redefine what it means to be a teacher. Becker and Michael LeSieur created TBS’ hourlong fraternity comedy series Glory Daze, which ran for one season. Long and Steve Byrne co-created TBS’ multi-camera comedy Sullivan & Son, which has been renewed for a second season. Also today, we broke the news that Becker has signed on to direct Sex On The First Date, a romantic comedy for Gold Circle Films.
TBS Greenlights Blue Collar Comedy Pilot From Walt Becker And Rob Long
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- WABC-TV President & GM Dave Davis Retires From New York Station
- Donald Trump Tweet-Storm: Armed Teachers Good; Assault Weapon Ban Bad
- ‘The Zen Diaries Of Garry Shandling’ Trailer: First Look At HBO’s Two-Part Docu On The Comic’s Comic
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89
- SAG-AFTRA Sets Workshop To Train Its Leaders In Sexual Harassment Prevention