EXCLUSIVE: After each of them has co-created a TBS series, Walt Becker (Wild Hogs) and Cheers alum Rob Long have teamed for a multi-camera comedy project, which has landed a pilot order at TBS. The network has greenlighted Do It Yourself, created and executive produced by Becker and Long and produced internally at Turner. It tells the story of Nick, a 20-something laid-off math teacher who finds himself thrust into the blue collar world when he gets a job at that most American of retail institutions: the big box home supply store. Nick quickly becomes the de facto leader of his band of misfit coworkers while also figuring out ways to redefine what it means to be a teacher. Becker and Michael LeSieur created TBS’ hourlong fraternity comedy series Glory Daze, which ran for one season. Long and Steve Byrne co-created TBS’ multi-camera comedy Sullivan & Son, which has been renewed for a second season. Also today, we broke the news that Becker has signed on to direct Sex On The First Date, a romantic comedy for Gold Circle Films.
TBS Greenlights Blue Collar Comedy Pilot From Walt Becker And Rob Long
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'