Robot Combat League came out swinging last night for Syfy. The 10 PM premiere of the mechanically inclined competition series Wednesday pulled in 1.3 million viewers for the network. While not as high as the 1.7 million the make-up artist series Face-Off averaged on Syfy in its most recent season, that’s a steel solid number for an unscripted show on the network. The tournament-style robot battle show’s 748,000 viewers Wednesday in the Adult 18-49 demo scored even better. That result for the Chris Jericho hosted series is a more than two-year unscripted premiere high for NBCUniversal owned network. The Face-Off premiere on January 26, 2011 got 896,000 in the demo. Last night’s Robot Combat League also garnered 200,000 views pre-premiere on multiple platforms including Syfy.com, VOD, Xbox 360, Roku and Hulu. Robot Combat League is produced by Smart Dog Media.
Syfy’s ‘Robot Combat League’ Debut Hits Two-Year High For Network
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom