Post-production editors on History’s Swamp People walked off the job today in protest over producers trying to stymie union organizing. #STRIKE! Until further notice, Editors Guild and potential members are instructed not to service the production #SwampPeople for @History,” tweeted the Motion Pictures Editors Guild this morning. The dispute between the union and producers Original Media escalated after the company allegedly was “interrogating employees about union organizing activity,” according to a post on the union’s website. Approximately 16 people walked off the job today at Hollywood Production Center. That effectively shuts down fourth-season post-production on the reality series, a source close to events tells me. The editorial crew on Swamp People is not part of the guild, but they had been talking about joining the IATSE union, the source says. “We don’t have a line out right now but that could happen soon depending on how the situation with Original evolves,” added the source. Swamp People, which follows a group of alligator hunters in Louisiana, premiered its fourth season Thursday.
Editors Call Strike On History Channel’s ‘Swamp People’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations