The former president and CEO of Martha Stewart Living Ominimedia and ABC Entertainment chief is close to joining AOL as CEO of its content brands, according to AllThingsD’s Kara Swisher. Susan Lyne would have oversight over brands like Engadget and TechCrunch but not The Huffington Post, whose group is headed by Arianna Huffington. Lyne has served on the AOL board of directors since 2009 and is also Vice Chairman of the Gilt Group after joining the online retailer as CEO in 2008. Before that she was president at MSLO. As ABC Entertainment’s boss she spearheaded series like Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy.
Susan Lyne To Run Content At AOL – But Not Huffington Post: AllThingsD
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign