The former president and CEO of Martha Stewart Living Ominimedia and ABC Entertainment chief is close to joining AOL as CEO of its content brands, according to AllThingsD’s Kara Swisher. Susan Lyne would have oversight over brands like Engadget and TechCrunch but not The Huffington Post, whose group is headed by Arianna Huffington. Lyne has served on the AOL board of directors since 2009 and is also Vice Chairman of the Gilt Group after joining the online retailer as CEO in 2008. Before that she was president at MSLO. As ABC Entertainment’s boss she spearheaded series like Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy.
Susan Lyne To Run Content At AOL – But Not Huffington Post: AllThingsD
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'