Suburgatory star Jane Levy has signed up to play the lead in In A Dark Place. The film is a psychological thriller focused around a young American governess, played by Levy, who goes to London to take care of a doll. The family treats the doll like it was their son and expects the governess to take care of it as such. Gold Circle is financing the film with Bharat Nalluri to direct from a screenplay by Stacey Menear. Paul Brooks, Roy Lee and Jim Weddaa will produce. Scott Niemeyer and John Middleton will serve as the executive producers of In A Dark Place. Besides this new role and her role on the ABC sitcom, the actress is also going to be the lead in the upcoming Fede Alvarez-directed remake of Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead. Jane Levy is repped by WME and Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.
‘Suburgatory’s’ Jane Levy Joins ‘In A Dark Place’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings