Suburgatory star Jane Levy has signed up to play the lead in In A Dark Place. The film is a psychological thriller focused around a young American governess, played by Levy, who goes to London to take care of a doll. The family treats the doll like it was their son and expects the governess to take care of it as such. Gold Circle is financing the film with Bharat Nalluri to direct from a screenplay by Stacey Menear. Paul Brooks, Roy Lee and Jim Weddaa will produce. Scott Niemeyer and John Middleton will serve as the executive producers of In A Dark Place. Besides this new role and her role on the ABC sitcom, the actress is also going to be the lead in the upcoming Fede Alvarez-directed remake of Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead. Jane Levy is repped by WME and Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.
‘Suburgatory’s’ Jane Levy Joins ‘In A Dark Place’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist