Exclusive Media has closed a deal with Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions for Parkland in Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Iceland, Greece, Turkey and Latin America. The hot EFM title, which has Open Road in talks to distribute domestically, recounts the events at Dallas’ Parkland Hospital on November 22, 1963. It’s produced by Playtone partners Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman, Exclusive Media and The American Film Company. Bill Paxton is also a producer. Peter Landesman, who wrote the script, is making his directing debut here. Cast includes Zac Efron, Marcia Gay Harden, Billy Bob Thornton, Jacki Weaver, Paul Giamatti, Jackie Earle Haley, Colin Hanks, Ron Livingston, Mark Duplass and Tom Welling. Foreign sales were also completed in Australia and New Zealand (Roadshow), France (Metropolitan), Italy (RAI), Israel (United King) and Hong Kong (Golden Harvest), among others. The SPWA deal was negotiated by Alex Walton for Exclusive and Michael Helfand, Joe Matukewicz and Jon Freedberg on behalf of SPWA.
Berlin: Sony Pictures Worldwide Takes Multiple Territories On JFK Pic ‘Parkland’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Endurance Media Taps Steve Barnett As Production Prexy, Acquires Trio Of Scripts
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- CBS Q4 Revenues Beat Expectations With 8% Growth In Network Ad Sales
- Douglas Smith Joins Jessica Chastain’s Team In ‘Miss Sloane’
- Dev Patel & Armie Hammer In Negotiations For Mumbai Siege Pic ‘Hotel Mumbai’ – Berlin