Exclusive Media has closed a deal with Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions for Parkland in Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Iceland, Greece, Turkey and Latin America. The hot EFM title, which has Open Road in talks to distribute domestically, recounts the events at Dallas’ Parkland Hospital on November 22, 1963. It’s produced by Playtone partners Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman, Exclusive Media and The American Film Company. Bill Paxton is also a producer. Peter Landesman, who wrote the script, is making his directing debut here. Cast includes Zac Efron, Marcia Gay Harden, Billy Bob Thornton, Jacki Weaver, Paul Giamatti, Jackie Earle Haley, Colin Hanks, Ron Livingston, Mark Duplass and Tom Welling. Foreign sales were also completed in Australia and New Zealand (Roadshow), France (Metropolitan), Italy (RAI), Israel (United King) and Hong Kong (Golden Harvest), among others. The SPWA deal was negotiated by Alex Walton for Exclusive and Michael Helfand, Joe Matukewicz and Jon Freedberg on behalf of SPWA.
Berlin: Sony Pictures Worldwide Takes Multiple Territories On JFK Pic ‘Parkland’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Steven Soderberg's ‘Unsane’ Added to Berlin Film Festival Competition
- SPWA Lands Inventive Thriller ‘Search’ In $5 Million World Rights Deal: Sundance
- Wanda Chief Predicts Comeback In 2018 After 10.8% Revenue Drop In 2017
- Peter Jackson To Direct First World War Feature Documentary
- Andrea Riseborough And ‘Nancy’ Director Christina Choe On Finding Truth In Fiction – Sundance Studio
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…