The new facility, Colorworks 4K Television is located at the Sony Pictures lot in Culver City, and will provide services for original shows shot in 4K as well as 4K remastering. The facility features two 4K grading suites and one editorial finishing suite, with direct synergy to Sony Pictures Television Backbone. Sony cites what it claims is growing demand for the format after the unveiling of new 4K camera systems, of which Sony produces two. HD broadcasts are not yet universal in US homes, with low power stations still not required to make the transition, but since the 2009 conversion the format has grown in prevalence, even if global shipments of HD televisions declined by 4% in 2012.
Sony Pictures Colorworks Opens 4K Post Production Facility
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE