The new facility, Colorworks 4K Television is located at the Sony Pictures lot in Culver City, and will provide services for original shows shot in 4K as well as 4K remastering. The facility features two 4K grading suites and one editorial finishing suite, with direct synergy to Sony Pictures Television Backbone. Sony cites what it claims is growing demand for the format after the unveiling of new 4K camera systems, of which Sony produces two. HD broadcasts are not yet universal in US homes, with low power stations still not required to make the transition, but since the 2009 conversion the format has grown in prevalence, even if global shipments of HD televisions declined by 4% in 2012.
Sony Pictures Colorworks Opens 4K Post Production Facility
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…